Nerite Snails To Algae But Baby Assassin Snails Have Appeared!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

jancarius

Reaction score
Hi,

Exactly as the title says! 
The story to this is that a few months back i had snails all over my tank due to some plants i purchased of Ebay.
I got 2 assassin snails and lo and behold they eradicated the problem within 2 months and saw no more pest snails.
So out of the blue i got black algae all over my tank so got 2 Nerite snails and currently are doing a lovely job of eating through the black algae. (assassins were moved to another tank)
any ways i was looking at my tank just now and saw a whole heap of baby snails every where... googled it and it turns out to be assassins snail offspring.

How do i get rid of the babies as i don't want them eating my nerite snails even though they are bigger? there seems to be more and more of them each time i look.

Many thanks!

Kam

you could sell them/ give them away on craigslist.

Lol thanks but I think you've missed the point. What's the best way of getting rid of these without harming the nerite snails

You could put the nerites in a breeding trap so that they can escape the assassins until you ran remove all the babies. The babies will be hiding in the substrate.

Most reactions

Back