Nerite Snail Thingy

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BelldandyShanny

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok so, I have this new nerite snail and it's been slow to move around but it is moving...but the thing I noticed today is that it's got this long tentril wiggling around it.  Is it a syphon or some other snail part? or like....a gross wormy thing?

Attachments

• 20131225_180553.jpg
    20131225_180553.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 277
well.... my snail relocated, and that...whatever it is didn't, so I'm assuming it's a terrifying wormy thing, and I removed it with some hemostats

Eew :p
I hope there aren't any more of them! Not sure what it is though.

it was like an inch long and just waving in the current, pretty yucky.

Nerites do not have siphons like apple snails do, so that will not be what's in the pic. If it isn't a long string of snail poop or some other item that was somehow caught, keep an eye out for the same thing again. Although fairly rare, there are some worms that will take up residence in a snail's mantle cavity and dangle out periodically. 

Are you sure it isn't a long peice of fish poo? Try putting one in a cup of still water and seeing if it still moves. If it does I would take it to your local fish store and ask for help/any meds that might get rid of the remaining ones. Best of luck to you and your fishies!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back