Need some ideas for an unusual tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DangerousLover

Reaction score
I have no pictures of this tank.

But in my signature it is basically detailed. I'll scan some stetches probably next week since I can only get a scanner at school.

Anyways.

It is an outdoor tank.
4 ft high by 6 ft in length, hopeful if everything works out.

Three layers, bottom layer largest, second layer smaller, and third layer the smallest.

Each is supported by plastic projections inside the lower tank & held in place by small grips.

I was wondering what kind of fish would be best for this tank where the heater, filter, and air stones are at the bottom layer and grating leads to the next layers.

Thanks

Im having trouble picturing it...is it one huge aquarium or 3 sepertae ones?

I don't think that would work. The bottom and middle layers would not contain enough dissolved oxygen to support a lot of fish, as some surface agitation is required for this to occur. 4 feet tall is an extremely tall tank, I can't even envision how tall that would be . Why not just get 3 seperate tanks, each more than a foot tall? It would probably more economic, as the cost for custom building something like what you've described would be atronomical, IMO, unless you do it yourself, but then the quality may not be as good. Also with this alternative you could house a much wider variety of fish, and much more of them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast
  • Essjay

Members online

Back