need info on mollies

smoochie smoochie

Reaction score
we have 2, silver mollies and 2 dalmation (among others)i would like to know how do you tell if they r pregnant. i have noticed that the females have been a bit fat around the tummy :rofl: . is this natural for them as we are not overfeeding i havent had them long and dont think they were as fat then. how long are they pregnant for and how often do they have fry. :*)

so if any one know a bit about mollies could they please tell me.. ;)

thank you

mine did the same thing. thought i was overfeeding them (dalmation and a black molly). mine has just had babies after about 8-10 weeks of having it and i had no idea it was pregnant cos it only got a slightly bigger belly than it had when i got it. just keep an eye out i guess. they stop feeding just before they give birth if that's any help.

I'd recommend checking out William's post in the Livebearer section. It's a pinned topic, should go a long way towards answering your questions.

Here is the link. HTH~

our molly just got seriously seriously fat, looked like a football! she had babies yesterday and we are very proud parents. it is said though that once a molly has been fertalised by a male she can keep the sperm inside her for up to 5 litters of babies hahaha, no action for the poor old males! :rofl:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back