Need help after replacing new filter.

I am inclined to agree that prime does not affect nitrite readings.

In fact upon further studies I am not able to find anything from Seachem Prime about detoxifying nitrite at all to be perfectly honest.

I assumed, wrongly, that prime would detoxify nitrite but this does not seem to be the case.

The only thing that I can find that affects nitrite is aquarium salt.

But to answer your question, no I do not think Seachem prime will have any affect in nitrite tests or readings.

Seachem says that
PrimeĀ® removes chlorine, chloramine and detoxifies ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.
But since they won't say what's in it, it's anyone's guess whether that's true or not.

Iā€™ll plod along with water changes anyway, use it and just hope the fish benefit. Although the fish are as active as ever and donā€™t seem phased at all...

Iā€™ve been looking at the python no spill clean and fill on amazon and just wondering if this one is what youā€™re all talking about. Iā€™m just concerned it wonā€™t fit on my tap? I suppose I wouldnā€™t know until it arrived.
Is this whatā€™s suggested and what you all use? Iā€™ve never heard of it before but I can see how much easier it would be.

Attachments

• 8D8002C8-34F5-4665-BA75-13536CAD103E.png
    8D8002C8-34F5-4665-BA75-13536CAD103E.png
    363.7 KB · Views: 53

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back