Need Advice On My Pregnant Mollys

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lorraine1983

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

I have 4 pregnant mollys. I bought them 4 days ago - all of them quite young..

The first one seemed huge and veins showing through. Since then she has gone more square looking but flatter. I know if they become square its a sign that they are almost ready to pop! But im unsure whether she has alread had them and become flatter? Or whether that is quite normal?? also i noticed the colour of her belly is not so black as it was???

The second one began to hide - the common signs. I put her in the breeding container and in the morning i found her dead :eek:( I think she must of been stressed and passed away?

The third one seems to be on the same stage as the first one but is showing signs of aggression to the males? She also seems to be hiding out in the conors quite often! Keeping a close eye on her but after finding the second one dead, i refuse to put her in the container till she i'm 100% shes ready.

The forth one is not quite there yet. She has put on alot of weight since i've had her tho but she seems like the only normal one out of the lot!! lol

I would really appreciate any advice as I've searched all for pacific answers for days and not getting anywhere :unsure:

humm i have not herd of this situtuation before i am relitivly new to fish,but i would recomend just leaveing the females in the tank and then let them give birth and try to catch some of the fri in the net,but the other half of me says but them in right before they look ready to pop,the molly could have died for many other reasons so dont be relutent to do what you think is best

Your third fish is getting close. I would not put any of them in the breeder if all you have in the tank is mollies. Just keep them well fed and maybe remove the fry after your fish drops them. The fry will be fine in the breeder. A breeder is just too small for a mature molly to use without extreme stress.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back