Nano Reef Diary... Updated 18/06/06

Nice tank so far :)

SarahBravo, don't let water hold you back, just buy some RO or DI water and add the salt, it takes minutes!

All is going well, added first fish today, a "Yellow Bean Goby", looks happy enough!.. Continuing to test levels although they have already gone to 0, which i am a little sceptical of, but i suppose its a good thing..

Watch this space for pics..

Ben

Some new pics - corals etc.

some zooanthids
nanotank9.jpg

main zooanthids
nanotank91.jpg

another pic..
nanotank94.jpg

Mushroom & Glass anenome
nanotank92.jpg

button polyps and yellow polyps
nanotank93.jpg

Ben

Silver Star Polyp..

starpolyp2.jpg

starpolyp1.jpg

starpolyp3.jpg

Yellow Clown Goby..

yellowgoby1.jpg

Cleaner Shrimp..

cleanershrimp.jpg

All is going well, more corals and more fish will come soon!

Ben

yep just buy ro water @ your grocery store or have it delivered like i do. but if you can buy an ro unit cheap definitely get one. sw may take more time and be a little more expensive, but it's well worth it!

I can get R.O. water from work, although I don't want to cart hope bottles of it... And the thought of plumming in an R.O. unit doesnt seem possible at the moment.

I haven't used it so far and it all seems fine. Just used water conditioner to get rid of the metals and am using carbon in the filter which will help some.

Ben

your photos look great! but i would nuke that glass anemone (aiptasia) asap with some joe's juice or pure kalkwasser. it can quickly overtake your tank, sting the crap out of your other corals and/or fish.

wow great tank.
i really admire great looking saltwater tanks, they seem to have so much care to them and everything... not to mention they are more expensive

The star polyp has opened up really nicely now - very happy with it.

Got a 2nd fish today - a "Tail Spot Blenny", very cute little fella.

More tank/stock shots will follow soon.

Ben

Full tank shots as of today...

nanotank96.jpg

nanotank97.jpg

Tail Spot Blenny peaking out...

nanotank98.jpg

Yellow Bean Goby & Tail Spot Blenny hanging out together!....

nanotank99.jpg

And another pic of my new Star Polyp, fully opened out...

nanotank991.jpg

Ben :)

Most reactions

Back