Nano Reef Diary... Updated 18/06/06

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

bunjiweb

mmmmmmmarines
Reaction score
Started a 15G Nano reef at the beginning of the week, Put Live Rock in today. Got some nice bits from work at an ok price...

Tank:

nanotank5.jpg

Top View:

nanotank2.jpg

Skimmer:

nanotank4.jpg

Filter:

nanotank3.jpg

And live rock... (bad pics taken at night with flash..)

lr1.jpg

lr2.jpg

lr3.jpg

lr4.jpg

More coming soon...

Ben

Nice tank dude! Could you let me know how that internal filter goes. I was recomended one, but have never seen the really work before! They are a great idea though and they look nice in a tank like yours!

Keep us updated! I can forsee another great Nano thread! :D

Going to have some nice corals in there - xenia, button polyps, star polyps, mushrooms etc. In terms of livestock I shall be getting a couple of gobies, probably black and white clownfish and some shrimps, hermits and snails for clean up crew.

Ben :)

Wow, thats a big filter! :D You might want a powerhead or two in there as well maybe? Just to increase the water flow if you're having corals.. Thats what i was told anyway!

Also, if you want some v good quality rock go to Shirley Aquatics! :) They have really nice stuff for £11 i think. Is covered in coraline algae (i think? The purple stuff anyway!) and looks really nice. I have some in my tank (if you look at pics in my thread, its the stuff on the left side of the tank! :D) and its all doing really well :)

And you're going for a similar stocking list as me, just haven't decided on my final fish after my clowns! :rolleyes: Good luck with it anyway :thumbs:

got some coraline in mine but not hugely bothered about that, ok i know more coraline = more filtration but it will grow. Got a powerhead ready to whack under the corals at the back when i have stuff in there.

Christs_Knight, got 2 x compact T5s in there, 22W i believe...

Thanks for the other comments guys!

Ben

That's going to be awesome, Ben. I can't wait to see a full tank,finished shot!!

Couple more pics, Added a nother couple of bits of Live Rock..

tank-
nanoreef6.jpg

middle piece of lr-
nanoreef7.jpg

feather duster worm-
nanoreef8.jpg

and another!-
nanoreef9.jpg

Ben :)

One of my 2 hermits. Got 2 hermits and 2 snails at the moment. Going to get a cleaner shrimp and another 1 or 2 snails probably..

hermit1.jpg

hermit2.jpg

Ben

Looks great! I love tank diaries!

I have an empty tank and i'm sooo tempted to go marine....I'm just worried about the expense. Do you have an RO unit, do you buy RO water or do you use tap water? This is what is holding me back at the moment, not just the price of the unit but the time to make all the water.

Keep us updated with the tank, more pics please!!!!!!!

Most reactions

Back