N.Lelupi Orange won't eat

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

proteque

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey

I have just (about a week ago) added an Neolamprologus leleuoi to my chiclid family. The problem is I am unable to getting it to eat and settle down. It keeps itself to one side of the tank and dont show slightest interest in eating. I am feeding my fishes with Dr. Bassleer biofish food so I doubt it has anything to do with that.

Does this fishes need any spessial enviroment to settle down and get comfortable in the tank? I am a bit worried it will die soon if it doesnt start eating.

look at
Picture

I would make sure the water is not the problem. Check you water chemistry first. Africans like water that is more acidic with a higher pH level.
If that checks out ok, then you might want to find out what he was eating prior to you getting him. It could be that he's used to eating flakes rather than pellets or vice versa.
Hope this helps some.

Depending on what kind of cichlids you have in the tank: mbuna, haps.....he may be pretty freaked out....I have 6 leluepi and they are always interacting and fighting (playing) with one another in a majority tanganyikan owned tank.....he may feel like the odd one out if you only have the one. It is very normal for a fish to not eat for a very long time if they do not feel comfortable, just keep an eye on him and maybe you will either have to try and get him a buddy, or take him back.
Hope all works out for you!!! :thumbs:

well I guess he kinda is the "odd" one in the gang. Hopefully he will start eating at some point. if not I guess it is better off back at the zoo-shop. I could try getting another one of the same type and look if it gets better.

The water quality is another subject off couse. I have never really worked on that. but my palette chiclids find it "perfect" as they have mated and got "kids".

Thanx for your answers.

Anytime. :D If I have an answer, I will always share! ;)

i am happy to inform that my N.Lelupi now eats and swims around. It just needed some time I guess.

Another "happy" story. I added a palette cichlid male for my two female palette cichilid today and now they are dansing and showing off all they are good for. If only my Jade Eye will leave the new male alone for some seconds ;)

I am glad your leluepi finally decided to eat!!! Good to hear! Although he is still probably going to be lonely.

However, you new fish will probably settle as soon as they get used to each others company!!! and figure out who is who!!! :thumbs:

Well he not going to be lonely long. I have ordered two more and two more Albino Convict which I am pretty sure will mate :)

Covicts and leluepi in the same tank!!!! Might be some smooth disappearing action being done soon!!!

Most reactions

Back