MYSTERY SNAIL NOT STICKING TO ANYTHING AND UNABLE TO COME OUT OF SHELL

carligraceee

Fishaholic
Reaction score
About a week ago, I purchased two mystery snail. One is brown and one is pale white. I put him in the tank and expected him to take off. He didn't. He sat in his shell for days, easily tipped, not coming out of his shell. I took him out a few days ago and put him a cup I bought my moss balls in. He would only come out of his shell half way. His face barely showing and his bottom of his body was sort of folded in on itself. The brown thing on the bottom of the snails doesn't seem to go all the way in and he is unable to crawl around and stick on things. Today, I fed him som lettuce. I walked into my room and saw he was trying very hard to get on the side of the tank but simply couldn't. I look closer and notice again, the brown thing on the bottom not going away when he tries to come out. None of my other snails have this problem. What do I do? And what is this?

36459E58-947D-43B2-A311-EFEC9990ED08.jpeg
7D929625-B4EC-4350-8E7C-01937C8E80E3.jpeg
B1A7496B-2DE6-453F-BBD0-EEC4468A3F08.jpeg

Check the water quality for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.

Do 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Make sure you aren't adding any chemicals to the tank.

Ring the shop and ask them what the pH was in their snail tank?

Check the water quality for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.

Do 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Make sure you aren't adding any chemicals to the tank.

Ring the shop and ask them what the pH was in their snail tank?
so i ended up taking him in to the store and they too him back. they think he was sick and i got some new snails. an inca snail and two nitrite snails. all of them are doing awesome.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back