My Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

maximinimus

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I sold my plant eaters a few weeks ago and I'm keeping generally much smaller fish than I was before. I put the first few plants in a few weeks ago and I've got most of the background plants in now, they are huge compared to when they were first planted. The first piece of riccia carpet should be ready in about a month or so, I think I just need some small foreground plants to finish it off.

Anyway, this is how it looks now (sorry about the quality, the camera on my phone picks up light badly and makes things look hazy :()

Overview:
tank1.jpg

Plec cave:
tank2.jpg

Rtbs cave:
tank3.jpg

mid area:
tank4.jpg

And a shot of my plec:
plec1.jpg

Sorry I couldn't get any clear shots of the barbs or the RTBS, the barbs wouldn't stay still and the RTBS is asleep in his cave :p

You can see some of the otos in the pics if you look closely :)

Current Stocking:
7 Odessa Barbs (I lost two weaker ones a few weeks ago)
1 RTBS
5 Otos
L260 Plec

Thank you :D

I'm starting to cover the wood, in 3 weeks I've grown enough moss from a little tiny clump to cover one half of the right cave. maybe in a few months I'll have enough to cover the rest :p

Good good.. you'll be surprised how fast it can grow, i started with a fifty pence piece size of java moss which has grown to cover the whole tank! i trimmed half of it back a week ago though because i was planning on getting some cories.

Love the background picture. I need that for my 29 gallon tank. Where did you get it?

I bought it from a shop called blue lagoon aquatics in Alfreton, Derbys.

It was around £3.50-£4.00 per foot but well worth it. I had a rock background before and it didn't suit the tank at all.

If you can't find it locally PM me and I'll see about picking some up and posting it to you.

Thank you all for the comments about my tank.

Can anyone recommend me some nice foreground plants bearing in mind I am in the process of growing a riccia carpet to cover a good portion of the gravel.

I dont know if you know but the plant with white on (the draceana) is not aquatic.

Good start, plant more heavily (50%) substrate coverage to combat any early algae issues :good:

Update: 31/07/2008

I received my order from Java-Plants yesterday, I spent a while yesterday evening planting everything, so far I am quite happy with how it looks:

Full Tank
tank-1.jpg

(I forgot to set the exposure correction and contrast for this one - sorry)

A few of my cardinals
tank-2.jpg

A pair of my Rams
tank-3.jpg

Some of my Odessa Barbs (posing as well as they do)
tank-4.jpg

More of my cardinals
tank-5.jpg

One of my Otos
tank-6.jpg

3 of my Rams
tank-7.jpg

Current Stocking in this tank:

6 Odessa Barbs (2 males + 4 females)
4 Blue Rams (2 males + 2 females)
9 Cardinal Tetras
5 Otos

(I rehomed the RTBS to another tank as he wasn't getting on with the Rams)

Looks much better but the red plant is to central, move it slightly off centre as your main focal point, if following 'the golden rule', measure the tank, divide by 3, then place it following this measurement from either end of the tank.

Great looking tank, keep it up. :good:

Is it a Juwel 180 or 260?

Very nice mate, much better looking since you've added more plants.

Most reactions

trending

Back