My Tanganyikan Tank

Malawakiwhite

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Tang tank.jpg

Hi I'm trying to load a picture of my tank while it's cycling. Hope it works!

Great! So originally set up for a Malawi tank but now going for Tanganyika community. I've since added some escargot shells and may take out a bit of the ocean rock seeing a aggression shouldn't be so much of a problem. Cycling is going well got my first 0ppm Ammonia this morning almost 2 weeks cycling, and a nitrite spike so hopefully half way there. :good:

Looking good, what size Fluval Roma is it ? (just guessing)....
What's your planned stocking ?

It's a 240 litre. Well I want some shellies ideally a pair but not sure how to achieve that. Someone said buy 6 and return 4 once paired...is this common practice?
I like the Kungweenis you pointed out or something similar otherwise. Then I was thinking about a couple of punks and a comp or calvus. I really love the tretocephalus so might attempt 1 juv and see if he behaves and finally a group of small cyps. I've still a couple weeks till stocking so might change my mind again...well it's a womans prerogative :shifty:

I have the same tank.... really nice.... (biassed)
I think you could get a group of Cyps (10-12) , Utinta or Mpulungu are nice (biassed again),
you could add a couple of Caudopunctatus as you mentioned, a couple of Calvus or Comps if you add some rockwork in the corners or sides for them and the Punks, I imagine you could squeeze a shell dweller in, a small group of Multifasciatus or how about Gold Ocellatus ? , Nice but feisty.......Nice tank for a nice community.... I would drop the Tret or Five Bar cichlid, they can be ok in a community but the tank will be busy enough with the Cyps etc..... Good luck....

what shellies are you thinking. A group of harem breeders will be ok but ocellatus will not tollerate each other. Males that is.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast

Members online

Back