My sorority rebuild

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

This girl is going to have some big fins.

MzFX1QM.jpg

tmutBOz.jpg

The square white plate is the feeding station, I use a plastic tube to drop pellets onto the plate, this way NO food falls into the substrate, it all gets eaten, the gravel in the plate is there to stop the pellets moving around when the BN and Kuhlis are eating.
excellent! and I see the shrimp population isn't hurting!!

Not at all. I would say they are thriving.

I now know the name of the carpeting plant, Monte Carlo, as it seems to be doing well in my low light tank I decided to get another small pot of it and leave it floating, I want to see if I can create a floating carpet out of it.

I just put it in.
SSiIRCO.jpg

You know I almost feel sorry for Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate, they don't stand a chance in my tank. OK OK no I dont.

Oh yes and like I already dont have enough of then, I got another Crypt.

$6
3pVnVFz.jpg

No one can resist a good old crypt. They never fail to improve a planted tank.

BIG NEWS

This is my new sorority tank. 6 foot 100 gallon Sorority
2HKR05a.jpg

The Tetras have been rounded up and sold to LFS,
New stocking.
5 Female Betta's
About 50 Red Cherry Shrimp. Something for the fish to hunt. I can see the shrimp population exploding in there. The girls couldn't control their numbers in the 2 footer they have no chance in the 6 footer.
1 BN
Unknown number of Malaysian Trumpet snails.

Last edited:
Yes, But I have no plans to add more fish to the tank, The girls have been in there 48 hours now and if their behavior is anything to go by they love it, they just seem so relaxed.

The shrimp vanished into the forest to do what shrimp do, breed faster than pest snails. I'm gonna have a lot of shrimp aren't I?

For now Im keeping the 2 footer a Kihli Loach/shrimp tank.

Now you know whenever a Sorority question comes up, like " how many plants fish should I get? " I am going to use my new Sorority tank as an example of the perfect set up, don't you? LOL.

Most reactions

Back