My silent cycle....advice reqd.

If the bottled water contains no ammonia, it is the tester. Sometimes people never see the yellow of zero even when the tank has been running problem free for years. Assume your reading is zero :)

If the bottled water contains no ammonia, it is the tester. Sometimes people never see the yellow of zero even when the tank has been running problem free for years. Assume your reading is zero :)
Just completed a 40L water change to attempt tackling the 0.25 nitrite reading. Iā€™ve switched filter and bubbler on to circulate fresh water.
Iā€™ll test it later. Is there a recommended time after water changing to test after? Itā€™d be a couple of hours anyway as Iā€™m watching the football now.
BTW Iā€™ve had the filter apart and the only place I could see it fitting (into paddle axle) it kept falling out as soon as I moved the filter. Iā€™ve left it out again and filters working ok atm. Will post pics if I ever learn how to.
Thanks for help essjay Btw

The usual quoted time is half an hour just to allow the new water to mix in thoroughly. But a couple of hours won't make much difference at this stage.

Ammonia 0.25 as usual.
Nitrite 0

Thanks everyone. If only I knew what fish I wanted swimming in it...

Most reactions

Back