Lazy Day

gwand

Supporting Member
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Lazy day. Just hanging around.
IMG_0671.jpeg

Hello. You have a very clean, nicely aqua scaped tank. How many tanks do you keep?

Hello. You have a very clean, nicely aqua scaped tank. How many tanks do you keep?

A 20 g long with dwarf coral platys, yellow Tiger endlers and 2 gold sailfin mollys. 10 g with cloud mountain minnows and some celestial pearl danios. 5 g with two ADF. 5g shrimp tank with dwarf crayfish. 5 g quarantine/hospital tank. As you recommended I feed 3 times per week.

Hello gwand. Now, you can't believe everything you read. If I've learned anything about this hobby, it's that every tank is different. The smaller tanks take more and different care than the larger ones. In my approach to the water keeping hobby, I don't feel comfortable keeping a tank smaller than 45 gallons. The water chemistry just doesn't remain steady enough for me to keep fish or anything else healthy.

Hello gwand. Now, you can't believe everything you read. If I've learned anything about this hobby, it's that every tank is different. The smaller tanks take more and different care than the larger ones. In my approach to the water keeping hobby, I don't feel comfortable keeping a tank smaller than 45 gallons. The water chemistry just doesn't remain steady enough for me to keep fish or anything else healthy.

As much as you change water they should be fine lol

I started with small tanks to learn the fish keeping skills and I could not afford large tanks. But I’m slowly working up to larger tanks. I find that a well cycled small tank is not hard to keep ammonia and nitrite levels at zero. As long as the water exchange is large and frequent. My nitrate levels are stable at 30 ppm which is what my tap water is.

Most reactions

Back