My Shopping List For Stock...any Thoughts From U Experts?

Cheffi I think Mamafish means your mixing South American Cichlids with African Cichlids from Lake Taganyika apart from them needing different tank/water conditions I`ve got a feeling a 12" South American Cichlid might eat a 3" African Cichlid for breakfast ! I might be wrong.

BTW Have you got any pictures of your Tank up yet ?

If she meant that why didn't she just say it? I've already put I believe they are SA cichlids.

No haven't finished boiling rocks yet. I've been looking for tuffa rocks and then after seeing a picture of them in the rock section I already have quite a few in the garden (put there by previous owner). So I've now spent all afternoon pressure washing them and now got the first one boiling in pot. If I can't get all the green algae off then I won't be able to use them :( If it does come off don't know how I'm going to boil the others cus they're all too big even for my witches cauldron :)

Oh and I won't be mixing the two species but I may be considering having 2 tanks ;)

MTS (multi tank syndrome) already. :lol: Its the way forward. :good:

LOL I wondered what MTS meant....and yes I think I have the first symptoms. It's darn difficult choosing tbh which to go for when there are so many....wanders off with dreamy eyes......

If i could possibly squeeze any more tanks in the lounge, i would. :lol:

If she meant that why didn't she just say it?

Mammafish … Cheffi
Cheffi … mammafish!

I think mammavicious! er I mean mammafishes method of providing advice is more along the line of an educational one. She will often point out that there is something wrong with a certain something, but not actually tell the person what it is. Thus she wants the person to do the research them selves. I’m aware that this can be a very long and tiresome method for the person asking the question in the long run, but I believe information that you try and source yourself from reading good accurate literature will give you a better understanding of the topic. Also I think that there are big lumps of well intentioned sarcasm in most of mammfishs posts.

This is the way it was for me when I started on the forum, not so long ago I might add! My initial post went something along the line of “GIVE ME A STOCKING LIST”, I got zero replies, and understandably so! Then I went away, read read and read some more about the fish I wanted came back with a stocking list and a couple of personal opinions and I got a much better response.

From reading your post it sounds like you have your head screwed on and your heading in the right direction.

If she meant that why didn't she just say it?

Mammafish … Cheffi
Cheffi … mammafish!

I think mammavicious! er I mean mammafishes method of providing advice is more along the line of an educational one. She will often point out that there is something wrong with a certain something, but not actually tell the person what it is. Thus she wants the person to do the research them selves. I’m aware that this can be a very long and tiresome method for the person asking the question in the long run, but I believe information that you try and source yourself from reading good accurate literature will give you a better understanding of the topic. Also I think that there are big lumps of well intentioned sarcasm in most of mammfishs posts.

This is the way it was for me when I started on the forum, not so long ago I might add! My initial post went something along the line of “GIVE ME A STOCKING LIST”, I got zero replies, and understandably so! Then I went away, read read and read some more about the fish I wanted came back with a stocking list and a couple of personal opinions and I got a much better response.

From reading your post it sounds like you have your head screwed on and your heading in the right direction.

Thanks tanks :) Actually if anyone cares to read back they would have seen I was in fact talking to ferris. Just asking him what he thought of the fish which I indicated I knew were SA. I didn't really know he wasn't into them as well..or maybe he is.
Trouble is I have read loads and the more I read the more confusing it becomes and now I realise that I will never be happy with one tank. So hopefully I will be able to fully concentrate on setting this one up if I ever get past the boiling rocks stage :( This is almost...almost worse than housework :lol:

Simple answer:

You need 3 tanks, 1 for Mbuna, 1 for Tangs and 1 for SA's.

Job done, any furniture that gets in the way of the tanks, bin it! :good:

TANK SAYS:"I think mammavicious! er I mean mammafishes method of providing advice is more along the line of an educational one. She will often point out that there is something wrong with a certain something, but not actually tell the person what it is. Thus she wants the person to do the research them selves. I’m aware that this can be a very long and tiresome method for the person asking the question in the long run, but I believe information that you try and source yourself from reading good accurate literature will give you a better understanding of the topic. Also I think that there are big lumps of well intentioned sarcasm in most of mammfishs posts."

MAMA SAYS: " Well crap! I've been figured out!!!!! While I could take offense at the mamaviscous remark, I wont because well.... I kinda like it!! :wub: .

You got me in a nutshell Tank! I want people to do much of their own research so it sinks in more, if people go around getting hand outs all the time (and I in no way mean cheffi was doing this, just making a statement) then they wont learn anything at all. It was clear she was getting her info somewhere just WHERE was my question.

If i'm crusty at times so be it, but you dont forget :D me and you dont forget the topic i'm being crusty :grr: about!

PLUS I think theres a barrier of humor between a britts humor and we yankees that gets lost and people think i'm being mean or nasty when i'm totally not.

Mamafishes your posts are getting mystical it`s like a training routine from Mr Miyagi
Only the "Mamafish" could teach him the secrets of the Cichlids.

I don`t think theres a barrier I`m sure most of us know when your joking , you might have to explain what crusty means though ???

No offence taken here mama and I've been known to be 'crusty' myself at times :good:

I know what crusty means, and its definiatly a woman thing!!!!!!!!!!

OMG :eek: You mean they close down threads for going off topic.

I have my tank full now so going to try and gets some pic's today so you guys can pull it too sheds. :(

Most reactions

Back