My New Addition !

LOl they should shouldn't they. "Freshwater Fishkeeping - How not to F it up".

Simon, yeah have dosed meds but I think my first blip was before any of that.

Tho I think my last one may have been due to my filter stopping working. After a W/C I discovered my filter didn't work when I plugged it back in. I rinsed out the motor and it worked again but it did make me wonder if it had been like that for a few days.

Which reminds me, I need a spare U2 motor just in case.

Things just aren't going smoothly at all for you are they! *TOUCH WOOD* they do go smoothly from now on!

Hopefully lol. I think I'd got sand in the motor :S

I've just finished my fish's course of anti-internal bacteria meds (as we think that's what Ruby died from)so hopefully all is well now *touch wood*. My male certainly loks "brighter" although I now have complex about him coz everyone thinks he looks sickly and not like a Gourami should :lol:

I need to get my other 3 Pygmys! I think the shop I got them from, that promised me they'd have more in a few weeks were telling fibs. God knows what I'm gonna do if they don't have more this weekend when I look. I've even looked online for them but no luck :(

WD and I sometimes exchange PMs so don't be too surprised if we are very consistent in our advice. After all we both see the same things in many cases. When WD is on giving advice, I get to spend a bit less time searching for unanswered problems as a MOD. Some non-MOD members have my full confidence and support Caz.

Thank you so much for all the advice. Water stats were all fine today (except ph) I am really relieved to hear about the Ph and will definitely try that little test you recommended OM. I am so relieved after reading the comments I have received and my mind is now easy Thank you so much. Fish are doing great and remaining Gourami is really confident and healing well now. All remaining fish seem to be co-existing nicely. The Tetra's I didn't think would be doing this well, i absolutely love them they are such gluttons. Once again thank you all for taking the time to reply. I am so relieved that all will be ok regardless of the ph. Thank you.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I am glad to hear that your fish are doing so well Liverbird. My main aim here is to help people have a good experience with the fish in their tanks and you have encouraged me to keep trying. Thanks again for that follow up post on your progress.

Nitrites and Ammonia still at zero today. Will post my tap water ph results when have left it to stand a couple of days> are really interested to see what they come out as. Gonna get my Glowlights today

The Tetra's I didn't think would be doing this well, i absolutely love them they are such gluttons.

I can attest to that! My little Neons aggressively beat the Danios to the food, and they eat so much their stomachs poke out in all directions!

I'm glad things are going better for you now.

Stats stayed at zero so have added 6 Glowlight Tetras and a female dwarf Gourami which the make seems incredibly interested in. Will post some pictures when i get the chance

Well Oldman you were spot on !!! Tested my tap water ph and it came out at 7.4 but also did as you suggested and let a tube of tap water stand and tested it two days later and guess what ???.......yep !! ph had gone up to 8.2ppm !! So glad I did that test now as it's put my mind completely at rest knowing the water in the shop I bought the fish from would also of been at that level. Thanks so much for that bit of valuable insight.

Well..after adding 6 Glowlight Tetras, 1 Female Dwarf Gourami and 2 Guppies I am pleased to say that the Nitrite and Ammonia are behaving themselves and stayed at zero. The two Gouramis are getting on like a house on fire. He follows her like a lost puppy and he seems so much happier now. Have floated some long artificial vine-like plants along surface of one side of tank for the Gouramis and they spend a lot of time under there like a pair of lovebirds. I am glad that I got another one; was reluctant to but so glad I did. All other fish are doing well (touch wood) Neons and two existing guppies are growing really quickly. Fingers crossed that all stays well. Worst comes to the worst i'm in the right place if it doesn't.
yes.gif
yes.gif
yes.gif

Fab :good:

How do you get the floating plants to stay on one side? I have some and the filter moves them all over. Usually so they end up resting behind it.

Fab :good:

How do you get the floating plants to stay on one side? I have some and the filter moves them all over. Usually so they end up resting behind it.

I've attached rubber suction pads to stems and fed them through a gap at back of tank and stuck them to the glass. They dont float completely but droop ever so slightly so as to give a nice domed hiding place. have put them at opposite end of filter too. Hope you are well Caz and how are all your fish getting on now !!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back