My Marine Adventure Begins

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

It is looking really good :good: but :hyper: you are getting married in a few days, woo hoo, you kept that quiet :look:

We want a photo of you in your dress please :D

Seffie x

Of course!!! I believe you are a teacher too so i hope you are enjoying your holidays. We are off on a diving honeymoon so i will now be able to identify most of the fish and corals(my hours spent on the internet researching well spent!) ... very excited! :hyper:

A teacher (Summer holidays), a wedding and a diving honeymoon woo hoo............

Seffie x

Thinking of you - hope you had a wonderful day :good:

Seffie x

I'm back!!! Well actually been back for a while but internet been playing up..
Here i am with my wonderful new husband!

Attachments

• 48647_756150720_1374_n.jpg
    48647_756150720_1374_n.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 104
Ah, you both look so happy,come on then, we are waiting to hear about the holiday :good:

Seffie x

Ah, you both look so happy,come on then, we are waiting to hear about the holiday :good:

Seffie x

It was the most amazing place. We are now both advanced open water divers!! I took thousands of photos with my new underwater camera. Was something special to be swimming while surrounded by the most amazing coral and fantastic fish. Did a fish ID course and my wish list has grown, my instructor was very impressed with my knowledge of fish and corals already so the hours on the internet paid off!
The 2m long hump head wrasse was a favourite find hiding under a shipwreck as were the thousands of blennies and gobies in their holes(always made me smile). Not even going to get started on the sharks!!!!
Overall just an amazing experience i would encourage everyone to do.
D x

Sounds amazing :good: how about starting a new thread and showing us some of your photos?

Seffie x

Thought i would update with a few pictures. am off to LFS today so expect more pictures later today!!!
2 weeks ago i bought a ruby head fairy wrasse... at least that is what i think it is!? he was very shy and it has taken until now to get a good photo of him. Also my lovely mushrooms that are growing sooo fast. But my most exciting news is my lonely clown fish has found a home! He has taken to sleeping in my leather. I read that they can host leathers when there is no anemone and was so excited when i first saw him there.
Seffie.. am planning to start a thread with some of my diving pics too.

Attachments

• fairy wrasse.JPG
    fairy wrasse.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 102
  • fairy wrasse 1web.JPG
    fairy wrasse 1web.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 102
  • mushrooms big.JPG
    mushrooms big.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 94
For some reason i could not get this photo uploaded any bigger sorry!

Attachments

• perky hosting small.JPG
    perky hosting small.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 102
My new purchases.
A lovely emerald crab and even lovlier Potters Angelfish.
Was very naughty, will have to put my light upgrade on hold!!

Attachments

• potters angel.JPG
    potters angel.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 104
  • emerald crab.JPG
    emerald crab.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 110
It has been 6 months since my last post.... I feel i should say sorry!!!!!!!
Things have been going well, and growing lots!
It is nearly a year since i took the plunge into salt and am starting to spend a little money on replacing/ upgrading equipment.
I have ordered a new MH light unit with twin T5 actinics built in that run off a seperate power supply. I have looked into building a contraption to fix to the front of my tank but decided i am not that skilled in DIY!
This is what i finally decided upon.
http://www.swelluk.com/aquarium/fish-tank-lighting-28/metal-halide-light-units-1602/aqua-medic-ocean-light-150-metal-halide-t5-blue-167.html

I knew the bulb in my current light unit would need replacing and added up the cost of making my own actinic unit and came up with this price!!!

My question is when my new lovely unit arrives am i going to 'light shock' the tank if i just replace the units? I have read varying schools of thought about having it higher and gradulally lowering over time? Any thoughts?

I have also ordered new filters for my RO machine and invested in a Tunze powerhead to agitate the surface a little more so i can move my Vortech down.

My only :sad: at the moment is the appearance of quite a lot of fuzzy algae on some of my rocks. I was hoping the added flow and my new tribe of mixed snails would make a dent but so far nothing! I will post some pics following my Sunday water change later.
Good to be back. x

Nice to have you back MissG

Seffie x

woops, sorry, best to change lighting slowly

Hooray, my light arrived today but would have burnt fingers trying to change it as my lights had already turned on!!
Tomorrow morning it is. Do i need to gradually lower the light or could i start off lighting for a shorter period then work up that way or should i do both?
Will post more pics when we are up and running. Really looking forward to the actinics!

Most reactions

Back