My male and Female Bettas

siamesefighter13

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a male and female Betta in a tank but the male doesnt seem to be interested in the female and I dont know why. I cant find any other female Bettas anywhere :( Can I do anything to make my male interested in the female -_-

thx

your trying to breed them right? if so, is everything set up right..the right water temperature, the right atmosphere (dim lit room or cover the tank on top, also some hiding spaces for the female) how big is the tank they are in? if all is right and they are still not interested than you should try another male, if this one doesnt blow a nest.

I believe that you are supposed to breed bettas in minimum a 5 or ten gallon....perferably ten because it becomes the home of the fry.... a bowl is far to small (if by bowl you meant 5 to ten gallons disreguard).... in a bowl there also isn't enough room for the female to escape the male...when they mate she will usually get beat up pretty bad.

And it's best to feed them live food. This will quicken the "in heat" process especially for the female.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back