My Fluval Edge Tank - With Fish!

Day 14: pH = 7.6 / pH High = 8.2 / Ammonia: 0ppm / Nitrite: 5ppm / Nitrate: Between 80-160ppm *** Dosed with 0.5ml of Ammonia

No movement today.

Ammonia is getting processed as normal which is good.

I believe the Nitrite process can take longer to develop so fingers crossed it'll happen soon.

Hopefully go buy my plants & tank decoration this weekend :D

Day 14: pH = 7.6 / pH High = 8.2 / Ammonia: 0ppm / Nitrite: 5ppm / Nitrate: Between 80-160ppm *** Dosed with 0.5ml of Ammonia

No movement today.

Ammonia is getting processed as normal which is good.

I believe the Nitrite process can take longer to develop so fingers crossed it'll happen soon.

Hopefully go buy my plants & tank decoration this weekend :D
Yes, the nitrIte bacterias on average take twice as long as the ammonia bacterias to develop. It looks like some nitrIte is being processed going by your nitrAte 80-160ppm level.

Keith.

Day 15: pH = 7.6 / pH High = 8.2 / Ammonia: 0ppm / Nitrite: 5ppm / Nitrate: Between 80-160ppm *** Dosed with 0.5ml of Ammonia
:sick:

Day 16: pH = 7.6 / pH High = 8.2 / Ammonia: 0ppm / Nitrite: 1ppm / Nitrate: Between 40ppm *** Dosed with 0.5ml of Ammonia

Now the Nitrites & Nitrates seem to be getting processed too. :hey:

Happy days :D

Looking like you may soon be entering phase two of your cycle. I would stop testing fot NirAte now as you dont realy need to know that info & are just wasting reagent.

Concentrate on the Ammonia & NitrItes as they are the most important.

:good:

Your cycle has moved up a gear :good:

Keith.

Good timing too.

Off to get some tank decoration this weekend hopefully & look around at some fish to put in it eventually :D

Day 17: pH = 7.6 / pH High = 8.0 / Ammonia: 0ppm / Nitrite: 0.25ppm / Nitrate: (Did not test) *** Dosed with 1ml of Ammonia (accidentally put too much in)

Nitrites are trickling down slowly but surely.

Just 'cos I'm a total pessimist I feel it's going too well. :lol:

Day 17: pH = 7.6 / pH High = 8.0 / Ammonia: 0ppm / Nitrite: 0.25ppm / Nitrate: (Did not test) *** Dosed with 1ml of Ammonia (accidentally put too much in)

Nitrites are trickling down slowly but surely.

Just 'cos I'm a total pessimist I feel it's going too well. :lol:
NitrItes are coming down, pH holding up :good: :good:

Keith.

Stock wise I'm thinking of the following:

(Please tell me if it's too many)

5 or 6 Cardinal Tetras
1 x Betta Splendid
2 or 3 Shrimp (undecided what type)

Also, with the above in mind I'd like some recommendations on the habitat for the above.

Particularly the Shrimp? Are plastic moss balls good enough for them along with bog wood etc or should I get some real moss balls in the small baskets?

Stock wise I'm thinking of the following:

(Please tell me if it's too many)

5 or 6 Cardinal Tetras
1 x Betta Splendid
2 or 3 Shrimp (undecided what type)

Also, with the above in mind I'd like some recommendations on the habitat for the above.

Particularly the Shrimp? Are plastic moss balls good enough for them along with bog wood etc or should I get some real moss balls in the small baskets?

your stocking is also very similar to what I'm going to have in my Edge, but a lot more shrimp :p Snowball shrimp to be precise

Shrimp love moss balls :) real ones that is, there easy to grow and grow slowly so need very little maitenence, shrimp will feel more.. 'at home' with some bogwood etc to play on

Day 18: pH = 7.6 / pH High = 8.2 / Ammonia: 0ppm / Nitrite: 0.50ppm / Nitrate: (Did not test) *** Dosed 0.5ml of Ammonia

I think the slight rise in pH & Nitrite is due to me dosing 1ml of ammonia yesterday, instead of my normal 0.5ml.

Day 19: pH = 7.6 / pH High = 8.2 / Ammonia: 0ppm / Nitrite: 2.00ppm / Nitrate: (Did not test) *** Dosed 0.5ml of Ammonia

Seems the Nitrite have spiked again. Looks like it was just teasing me. :sly:

Day 20: pH = 7.6 / pH High = 8.2 / Ammonia: 0ppm / Nitrite: 5.00ppm / Nitrate: (Did not test) *** Dosed 0.5ml of Ammonia

Nitrite has shot up again over the past two days, I thought it was going too well.

Is it normal to drop then spike again??

:look:

Most reactions

Back