My Fluval Edge Tank - With Fish!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Thanks Guppi.

Patience is certainly a virtue with the cycling.

Here's what the Fluval Edge filter looks like

Fluval%20Edge%20Filter.jpg

The left tube is the intake, and the water cascades back out in front the of filter media.

The small `knob` above the tube on the left is a handle to control the flow, move it to the right to slow the flow down, which I have done but I'm concerned it'll be too slow :D

As for the bubbles, it must be just a side-effect of the closed lid style of the Fluval.

This filter looks exactly like my AquaClear 20. I'm wondering if its the same product?

I also have a Fluval Edge which is doing the same thing (bubbles being produced)

It would appear there isn't much you can do about it, with high or low with the flow setting it still produces bubbles, which isn't a problem in my opinion, my friend has the same tank and his fish love with play in the flow and with the bubbles... (Mine is cycling at the moment so who know's if they will like it)

But as other people suggested I would also just put some plant or ornament in the way to try and hide it a little if that is what you are trying to do.

Day 5: pH = 7.6 / pH High = 8.3 / Ammonia: 4ppm

No change again today.

:cool:

Day 6: pH = 7.6 / pH High = 8.3 / Ammonia: 4ppm

No movement. Starting to wonder :lol:

Day 8: pH = 7.6 / pH High = 8.2 / Ammonia: 2ppm / Nitrite: 5ppm / Nitrate: 40ppm << Hard to tell exactly what ppm this was.

We have movement!

:good:

So when the Ammonia hits 1ppm or less should I re-dose up to 5ppm or wait until all the ammonia is processed before I re-dose?

Day 8: pH = 7.6 / pH High = 8.2 / Ammonia: 2ppm / Nitrite: 5ppm / Nitrate: 40ppm << Hard to tell exactly what ppm this was.

We have movement!

:good:

So when the Ammonia hits 1ppm or less should I re-dose up to 5ppm or wait until all the ammonia is processed before I re-dose?
I would re-dose when your ammonia level gets to 0.25-0ppm, When you next test in 24hrs there will be a good chance it will have been processed.

Keith.

Day 9: pH = 7.6 / pH High = 8.2 / Ammonia: 1ppm / Nitrite: 5ppm / Nitrate: (Did not test)

Day 10: pH = 7.6 / pH High = 8.2 / Ammonia: 0ppm / Nitrite: 5ppm / *** Dosed with 1.25ml of Ammonia

Finally the ammonia was processed. And re-dosed to start again. See how quick it does it this time.

:hey:

Most reactions

Back