🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Efren

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My "Fishless" TANK

Juwel%20Rekord.JPG

My API Freshwater Master Test Kit

API.JPG

Okey, here we go - as to Fishless Cycling is concerned - i add 3mls of ammonia a DAY ago - -

I was hoping to get a reading of 5ppm ammonia today - -so i conducted the TEST...

and here's the RESULT - - -

Ammonia%201st.JPG

that's it for today - -

*soon to COME: might try Bactinettes - so watchout for the RESULTS*

Glad you started your thread, looks good so far, about 4ppm from what I can tell, thats about right to start the cycle. Maybe a week to 10 days before you start to see a drop in the ammonia levels, so dont get too frustrated if it doesnt drop very quickly.

If you do use the bactinettes, let us know and we can follow your progress. :good:

:blush:

thanks guys for the replies - - i couldn't do it without your support.

i've got 2 portions of Bactinettes sitting on my Fridge - - but i would like to
exprience the "old school" waiting kind of thing first - -so hopefully i don't
get tempted to use it in a week or so. if i fail the "traditional way"
then you'll know - -cause i'll be posting pictures of my progress as i go along - -

again thanks -

Looks nice! You're going to want to post up your tap water results and some initial tank test results for all the different types of tests just so you'll have that baseline info stored. In addition to your thread here, be sure to keep a log of some sort for yourself with date, time, temperature, test results, water clarity observation and especially comments to yourself. In my experience the comments seem really dumb at the time, but later you are really, really glad you wrote them down.

~~waterdrop~~

Looks nice! You're going to want to post up your tap water results and some initial tank test results for all the different types of tests just so you'll have that baseline info stored. In addition to your thread here, be sure to keep a log of some sort for yourself with date, time, temperature, test results, water clarity observation and especially comments to yourself. In my experience the comments seem really dumb at the time, but later you are really, really glad you wrote them down.

~~waterdrop~~

thanks for the tip waterdrop - -
i'll will do that - i turned on the date/time setting of my camera phone
and i'll make use of the API KIT table - (at the back of the Instructions Manual)
for jotting my observations - :good:

i'm about to check it today - (3rd day)
and it would be a good idea to get the tap water result as well - -

-thanks-

:unsure:

Day 3-

The Ammonia Reading seems to be nomal IMO -
But the Tap Water Result it's a bit confusing -
It's HIGH... :( - - Looks 7.6pH to me (straight from the TAP)

day3.JPG

Can you do a High Ph test too please :) Yep looks 7.6 but may be higher if you do the high ph test, dont worry 7.6 or above up to 8.0 is perfectly normal and in a fishless cycle the ph needs to remain between 7.0 and 8.0 for optimum bacteria growth :good:

Can you do a nitrAtes test on your tap water too :) Dont worry about the tank water, just the tap for now :)

Can you do a High Ph test too please :) Yep looks 7.6 but may be higher if you do the high ph test, dont worry 7.6 or above up to 8.0 is perfectly normal and in a fishless cycle the ph needs to remain between 7.0 and 8.0 for optimum bacteria growth :good:

Can you do a nitrAtes test on your tap water too :) Dont worry about the tank water, just the tap for now :)

okey - -will do it straight away - -
GOOD you're onLine- - hehehe

i'm on "it" now --

:blush:

TAP WATER CHEM

tap.JPG

as promised minxfishy - -here's the TAP water results - -

for pH high reading - - spot on at 7.4
and for nitrAtes - - - 5.0

Yep thats good, now we have baseline tap water results to refer to in the event of any confusion at a later date :good:

Oh and as you have nitrates at about 5 from your tap water, you will be able to have the rams you wanted :good: Also a fairly good ph for them too :)

Have you tried keeping your results in Excel or even Google docs? Its very easy to see any trends in your readings.

here are my results so far (with notes)
[URL="http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pFt...UpbaA&hl=en"]http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pFt...UpbaA&hl=en[/URL]

:)

that's a pretty good idea - -thanks
will set-up an account later - -

:good:

Yep thats good, now we have baseline tap water results to refer to in the event of any confusion at a later date :good:

Oh and as you have nitrates at about 5 from your tap water, you will be able to have the rams you wanted :good: Also a fairly good ph for them too :)

great! that's good news-
so i can have them after all - - - :)
i'm still lookin' around what RAM to get - -
i've only seen GBR so far... and i better do my
research which sort of tankmates they can live with.

:good:

Your pH reading looks exactly like what I aim for. Since my low range is reading 7.6 and topped out and the high reads 7.4 and is bottomed out I split the difference and call it 7.5

Most reactions

trending

Back