My Fishless Cycle

cool.
Well i already have a few to put in, and they are awaiting the rehouse so my mother can sort out my other tank to be moved here...

and the fishes are in.
Rejoice!!
:good:
Thanks everyone especially waterdrop and fatheadminnow for helping me through this beast of a month.
hahaha
Pics will be up soon people.

bought some bloodworms today but the rainbow fish seems to eat them all up.
Had to quarantine him in the catching net while the others ate...

:lol: thats funny.

Don't forget the live/frozen foods like bloodworms and brine shrimp are "treats" and shouldn't be fed too frequently. Bloodworms can sometimes give digestive trouble if fed too much and brine shrimp are like candy and don't give a good nutritional content if fed too much. Used sparingly as a change though, these are good and provide better overall feeding than just flakes.

~~waterdrop~~

cool. I shall bear that in mind.
hey start to smell after a few days though.
Not nice!!

Also, one of my new little neons has presumably died, and i cant seem to find him anywhere.
What should i do?
Do i just let it be, and hope the ammonia doesn't rise to much when it is degrading?
Poor little thing.
But like i say, i just can not find it at all...

That happens with neons. If you find anything then take it out of course but even if you don't it will break down into ammonia and your filter will take care of it in not too much time since the body mass is so small. Always keep you tests going during those kinds of periods so you could do a water change if needed.

~~waterdrop~~

That happens with neons. If you find anything then take it out of course but even if you don't it will break down into ammonia and your filter will take care of it in not too much time since the body mass is so small. Always keep you tests going during those kinds of periods so you could do a water change if needed.

~~waterdrop~~
cool, thanks. i will test tonight.
If readings are abnormal i will do a watrer change.
Is it okay to put in water, then dechlorinate it?
This is beacause i will be filling it up with pitcher jugs.
I will only be able to do 3 pints at a time, so will it be okay to top up, top up, top up, then put the water treatment in?

I recommend putting in half the dose into the tank right before the operation and the other half right after. If the volume of the water change is less than 30% or so its unlikely the chlorine/chloramine is much of a danger anyway.

~~waterdrop~~

OH NO!
I don't know what's happening here, but i went to look at fish tonight and i could only see 2 out of 4 glowlights.
I put some food in and the eventually showed up, on swimming rather diagonally, twitching quite fast.
I don't know what's happened in the past few days, but he doesn't look very well at all.
Its like he turns to swim one way and twitches really fast and swims the other way.
Sometimes he just twitches randomly, as if he is having a mini fish seizure.
Any ideas anyone????

I would do a full battery of water tests and post all this same information over in the emergencies section so that Wilder and the other experts over there can further question you. WD

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back