My Fish Room

Where did you get them?

What Cory species do you have now?

How many Botia do you have now? species?

oh my goodness, can i please please please come and live with you, i promise not to touch :unsure:

thats is stunning in everyway..you must work your socks off in there, mobile air conditioning too?? i have never seen a fish room before and i want one!! no only joking my house wouldnt cope with the weight (made from dolls house wood)
the large tank with the moonlight WOW!!

its beautiful.fantastic,im jelous

well done,you deserve a medal :)

shelagh xxxxx

Yes, it is a lot of work, shelaghfishface. But it is like I moved my garden indoors. I didn't have the strength to do the big yard and sold the house, so now I have a fishroom. :hyper: I enjoy the fish and tanks. Sometimes I wish they were not quite so demanding. :shout: :p :wub:

That is really cool that you're able to have a fish room!!! The tanks look really great :good: I love cories too! But I can't have any w/my current stocking. I don't think they'd last very long. I may just have to make my 29 gallon into a community tank and use my 10gallon as the QT tank :shifty:

I've been pondering turning my storage room/or could be bedroom into a fish room when the kids are grown and gone. However, the centerpiece tank will be a giant!!! Several hundred gallons to house a sw shark. And then I may have a few tanks here and there of different fresh or sw species. (right now I have 7 tanks total and my biggest is a 125 usg.)

I am delighted with having a fishroom. It is slowly coming together, too. I plan to put up new pics of the changes soon. I have 2 more things planned: Another wire shelving unit for the fry tanks and a square breeder type tank in the middle of the room. Somehow I just keep finding ways to squeeze one more in!

:fun: :hyper: :shifty: d:D :fish: :band: :hey: :yahoo:

I only have 2 aggressive tanks: Both are Tanganyikan Rift with blue frontosa and Synos. The large one also has 6 Clown Loaches and 2 common Plecs. So it is assumed that one day I will have to look at a tank for 6 x 12" Loaches and 2 monster Plecs. Not included in the fishroom is the Goldie tank with a 12" Common Goldie and a 6" gold Koi. They are outside on the porch.

I hope you have a chance to get your fishroom. It is a wonderful garden of delights and work. I am constantly looking how I can plant another delight. I think I must get some training by the Japanese gardeners.

Oh! Yeah, Barracuda, the substrate is Flourite Black Sand. It is very cool. But the reason it looks so silty is because I have determined to never rinse substrate again! I wish I had put it in all the new tanks, and that I had 4 bags of it waiting to plant tanks, rather than the red and the regular. I think the Corys and plecs are going to love it.

The fish really do color up on dark substrate.

Where did you get them?

What Cory species do you have now?

How many Botia do you have now? species?

I got them off of Aquabid.

My species count went down when I lost all those fish. I mean I lost a lot of fish.

As for Botias, I have the Zebras, YoYo's, Golden Dojo's, and Clowns. Im working to add more species, but they take up a lot more room then the Corydoras.

I have that Eco-Complete substrate in 2 of my tanks and the fish look great on it. I bought some black sand tonight for a Red Cherry Shrimp tank Im setting up. Im excited about it, I think its going to look great.

Barracuda, if I can help you, let me know. You had an awesome collection of Corys. Do you not plan to rebuild your Cory stock?

How many of the Loach species can you breed?

Barracuda, if I can help you, let me know. You had an awesome collection of Corys. Do you not plan to rebuild your Cory stock?

Thanks for the offer. I might just do that.

I still have some of the ones I liked the most, like the C. duplicareus, C. similis, and C. weitzmani. But I lost all my C. oiapoquensis and C. simulatus and that hurt the most. Im over it now and have access to a generator so I dont lose any next time.

I have not decided if I want to rebuild. I might go in another direction and get more loaches. Most loach species will not breed in the home aqaurium, so not many.

Thanks for the offer. I might just do that.

I still have some of the ones I liked the most, like the C. duplicareus, C. similis, and C. weitzmani. But I lost all my C. oiapoquensis and C. simulatus and that hurt the most. Im over it now and have access to a generator so I dont lose any next time.

I have not decided if I want to rebuild. I might go in another direction and get more loaches. Most loach species will not breed in the home aqaurium, so not many.

I have simulatus fry. They are from wc of Bryan's mixed with a pair of breeders from Charles Eperson. They may be two different variants, but they are breeding regularly and fry survive in the Cory community tank w/no help. If you would like some, pay the shipping. :)

Thanks, I might do that. Im not ready yet. I have plans to finish the room in the basement of my house this winter/spring and dedicate a wall to tanks. That way I can give them their own tank.

Most reactions

Back