My Fish Room

jollysue

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Hi! Cory lovers!

I am finally settled enough to visit. I have my fish room running, my computers back up and the software loaded and have downloaded some pics of the fish room. (I have not put together before and after shots, but lets just say that every room and almost every wall had a fish rack . Even my fireplace was covered, the hall to to bathroom had a rack and there were 3 tanks in the bathroom.

The large percentage of the tanks have Corys in them and most are Cory only. Some are species only, but that is only two tanks.

These are not shots of the fish; they are shots of the tanks and the room.

The first day when half the tanks were moved:

Entering the room
PB110379halfthetanksarein.jpg

PB110377-firstdaymidsetup.jpg

PB110376firstdaymidsetup.jpg

PB110370-firstdayinfishroom.jpg

PB110371firstdaymidsetup.jpg

PB110386-midsetupinfishroom.jpg

the storage bottle neck to the left when entering
PB110380storagebottleneck.jpg

The room now--still working on it and needing muscle:

entering
PC310447bottleneckedstill.jpg

the new storage bottleneck--at least it's all fish stuff now

PC310446-entering.jpg

tanks to the left hand
PC310444totheleftentering.jpg

tanks on the right side
PC310435ontherightentering.jpg

Straight ahead on the window wall
PC310434movingrighttoleftaroundther.jpg

this one is waiting for some rearranging
PC310433waitingfortankmoveadjustmen.jpg

PC310431walltoleftofwindowkittycorn.jpg

PC3104272.jpg

bottom
PC310428-lower.jpg

PC310426-gettingcrowded.jpg

PC310416a4shelfrackwith3tanksinthec.jpg

PC310415infrontofthemirroredclosetd.jpg

PC310413-oncemore.jpg

PC310414-infrontofthemirror.jpg

exit
PC310412-3.jpg

PC310411-theexit.jpg

We were suppose to rearrange the tanks this week, but it looks like it is not going to happen. Maybe I can get to the algae though. One thing! It is much easier to keep up with now they are all in one room--except the Bettas who are in the bathroom for easy frequent maintenance.

WOW lucky you having a lovely fish room and all those tanks :drool: :good:

How many tanks have you in total? Or have you to many to count..! :lol:

Wow I can only dream of having something like that. But a question, Why not a couple a huge tanks vs all the smaller tanks? Well have fun with all of that.

Hi jollysue :)

It's good to see you back! Your tanks look wonderful! :flowers:

I see a lot of plants that look real. Are they real or just really good fakes?
Your tanks are looking pretty good.
Talk about some mts! And you picked on me... :lol: I don't have near that many... :shifty: but I am just getting started. :hey: :whistle:

I see you have a bunch of caves. It kind of looks like they have bottoms. Do they?

Later... :flowers: :friends:

Thanks for the welcome home, Inchy. I missed the good times. My new camera is a boon since upgrading the computers. Between Corel Paint Shop Pro and the new camera, my old computers just sat and groaned, passing out occasionally.

Bobdole 10: Hi! The obvious answer alluded to by ICEEGRL is that the tanks are the result of mts. Actually for me it is "just one more species." I want a fish or fishes. I get a fish or fishes. I must house a fish or fishes. I poke around until I find the tank or the tank finds me to suit the immediate need. I mean it's not like I planned to have a fish room when I first saved the little feeder goldie. I got Monster Goldfish an Eclipse 12, my first tank. Then I was given a 20usg by a friend as it outgrew the 12 gallon. Monster is now at least a foot long and 6" deep and resides in a 60 gallon with a friend on the patio. Then I got a 40 usg Jr. Executive Sea Clear for the fish I wanted to add to the growing community in the 12 usg. The 12 became a qt tank for all the fish I kept buying, Then I got the 100 usg for the fish I wanted to add to the growing community in the Jr. Exec. And the Jr. Exec. became home for the goldies, and so on. The need for a fish room grew one tank at a time.

Actually, I might be more inclined to have more small tanks if I planned it. But the community 100usg is probably my favorite. And the 125 usg System 3 was a minimum necessity to house the frontosas.

Heather: up and running tanks: 16 in the fish room with one awaiting set up--making 17; 2 Betta bowls in the bathroom; 1 goldie tank on the patio. The number fluxuates depending on my use of small 5 usg and smaller tanks from my heavy Betta keeping days. I have 10+ Betta tanks/bowls that I use to treat sick fish, quarantine fish, keep a Betta, etc. Only two are in use at the moment. The others are being a nuisance sitting in boxes, etc., clogging traffic.

Yes, some tanks are planted. All have at least some Java moss. The clay caves are for the Jari Zebra Plecs, whom I hope will breed some day. They do have bottoms.

Yes, sturdy single level apartment cement slab floor, benniebru. When I sold my house and moved into an apartment 2 years ago, I told my landlady that I had fish. She couldn't imagine that it would be a problem. After me though I expect them to set a limit on the number of tanks allowed. They recently said, "Don't get any more tanks!" I did not tell them I had two waiting to be set up after the move into the 2 bedroom bungalow. :huh: :rolleyes: :shifty:

Thanks for the interest and the welcome.

wooooow, i also wish I could have a fish rooom :blush:

I think also maybe.....you have fishism :p

Hey! Barracuda!

It is much easier all in one room. Cheaper too. I believe it has cut down on electricity.

I made the contact to get the muscle to rearrange more to my liking, today. Of course nothing is going to make them all fit nicely. :unsure:

I had one tank go sick, and I finally was able to get to the point to check it good. The idiot that was suppose to be setting up the tanks had changed the temp on a heater of pulchers, leucomelas and Virginiae. They were over 80 degrees since early November! Poor things! Two of my first Corys have a bad fungal/virus columnaris infection. But I lowered the temp and they are looking better. I have treated them with two meds and after a good water change I will treat them a third time this week end.

I found an fry offspring of Frank's guppys swimming around in a tank across the room from the parents. I guess it hitched ride in the python during water changes. Quite a little survivor, that one!

But mostly the move went well. We did it in 2 x 4 hour sessions. They brought a pump and a fifty usg garbage can or two. I lost one neon from the actual moving. Mind you they moved 500 to 600 usg of tanks and over half the water along with all the Rift rocks, decore and fish. They were some mighty pooped men.

I like the mirrors, twice the tanks without twice the work! :good:

I thought my occasional fishroom rearrangements were a pain, I couldn't imagine moving it all. I would probably sell it off, let the buyers move it, then scrounge up more used gear from where ever we moved to.

I like the corner tank, corners are tough to plan around in a fishroom. It is easier & cheaper in one room, the one room has a higher temperature, the heaters work less. The only problem is humidity, which causes mold, a known health hazard. Sometimes it's tough to find a balance between proper ventilation, and heat retention, though I've never seen mold or mildew grow on mirrors.

I wouldn't worry about the bottleneck, I think every fishroom has one somewhere. I think you have plenty of working room, it looks like a well thought out setup.

When the wife gets home I'll tell her I have a cheap way to double my fishroom. I'll bet that goes over real good! :lol:

Yes, Tolak, I was completely dishonest; :shifty: I did mention the mirrors, but I figured some might see double the tanks. :rolleyes:

I want to pull some tanks out from the wall more so I can get easily behind them for maintenance and spills. I wish the 125 was facing the window. It is a spectacular set up with the blue Moba fronts, clowns, Synos and LuBufus. The fronts are very royal. But moving that 125 usg and 80 lbs of rock is not going to happen very soon. So I want to at least move the tanks that have clear backs to see the fish over in front of the window. I think the corner tank would fit better in the corner near the mirror. The two setups with 29 usgs on top and 20 longs on the bottom moved over in front of the window and the rack in the corner where the corner tank is will work better I think. The double stand with a 50 usg and a 40 usg Sea Clear Jr. Exec on a double stand will face the window.

I am tempted to put the 25 usg arylic on the microwave cart (perhaps on that nice, in the way, unused wrought iron stand) in the living room, but the inconvience of maintenace compared to having them all together, makes me worry that I might overllook it too often.

Yes humidity, but I don't have the air conditioner and the tank heaters fighting for dominance. I do open the door often and let the fishroom heat the apartment for the winter. In the summer it will make a real difference, as the heaters will hardly have to work, and I can keep the apartment air at a comfortable setting. I can probably open the window a little for the humidity in the summer.

I was only moving over to another apartment down the side walk a hundred feet. It was cheaper to pay fish movers. My local African Cichlid and Betta lfs owner charged I think it was $500, but maybe it was more, I have forgotten. I would be a bargain at $800 One of the workers was an idiot who was suppose to set up the tanks, but her decorated for himself and not the fish--so the fish tore up everything he did. He lost lots of my plants because he didn't understand them, the wiring is a nightmare that I am still trying to get logically ordered, he really was in lala land. But Richard the lfs owner and his son were a treasure--with muddy feet and dripping water buckets. hahaha

The rearrangement coming up will cost fast food lunch for 3 teenage boys and two very diligent men to supervise them.

I really am delighted with the fish room. I would like a little more room for an ironning board and excercise thing and a spinning easy chair! I am never satisfied! But I don't expect to move again until they carry me away in a box. Two months later and I am still trying to get the crick out of my neck. I have almost stopped barking at everyone and being annoyed at stupid stuff. :crazy:

Most reactions

Back