Motoro Sting Ray Help Please******

Oh right fair enough

EDIT: How much water do the 2 litre bottles of the nutrafin treat? Is it quite costly?

Thanks, Mikey

your joking the nutrafin aqua+ costs £22 for 2 liters and it lasts ages and comes with a swwt pump thing so you dont need to mesure caps out

im trying seachem prime at the monent as all the people in the US say its great so i will try anything onces (but not with men are animals :S )

im a little reluctant about changing my dechlor could it have any bad effects?
i dont even find using aqua+ that expensive the 2litre bottle lasts me months and months and thats for 3 tanks

If your happy with what you have, and its not going to be overly costly, then id stick with it...
TK1, ive seen it on ebay for even less, £16 inc delivery if i remember correctly...

Mikey

If your happy with what you have, and its not going to be overly costly, then id stick with it...
TK1, ive seen it on ebay for even less, £16 inc delivery if i remember correctly...

Mikey

i dont think anyone can go wrong with aqua+ its always been spot one for me and i have used it for years

the seachem stuff i just thought i would give a go as it says it helps brake down nitrate which is the only problem i have keeping under control in my tank

but to tell the truth i have given up with nitrate now as im lucky if its ever below 100 and it doesnt seam to affect any of the fish i keep so im just carrying on what in doing 2 x 25% water changes per week in the winter and 2 x 30% in the summer

I've used prime on my tanks before and it's pretty incredible stuff, i can't find it anywhere though!

It smells pretty bad, but one bottle will treat all of my tanks for about 4 or 5 months. It also detoxifies heavy metals, Nitrite and ammonia. Well worth it.

I've used prime on my tanks before and it's pretty incredible stuff, i can't find it anywhere though!

It smells pretty bad, but one bottle will treat all of my tanks for about 4 or 5 months. It also detoxifies heavy metals, Nitrite and ammonia. Well worth it.

one thing you are right about is it STINKS :D

i have only been using it for about 2 weeks so its to early to tell but to tell the truth i dont care what it does to amonia and nitrie as i never have any nor should any heathy tank thats cycled proerly

the heavy metal if its working on them then the polyfilter will last longer

so the nitrate is the only improvment i should see but i cant see how the prime will help brake that down

one thing you are right about is it STINKS :D

i have only been using it for about 2 weeks so its to early to tell but to tell the truth i dont care what it does to amonia and nitrie as i never have any nor should any heathy tank thats cycled proerly

the heavy metal if its working on them then the polyfilter will last longer

so the nitrate is the only improvment i should see but i cant see how the prime will help brake that down

I agree, with the ammonia and nitrite, it just means you can add fish straight away, as it detoxifies it, but allows the filter to still use it to cycle.

:lol: Good point cane, this topics gone compleatly off subject since then lol

Hows it going?

Mikey

in a 6x2x2ft tank its only scobina that will be ok in that tank for life as they have a max idsk size of 12inch

then their is a big jump to hystrix reticulatus(teacup) obi(not sure about obi they may get bigger) and p14 which max out at 16inch disk

then come the big boys like motoro leopoldi and all the others not listed were the females max out at 24inch disk and the males around 18inch disk

then the to big to handle rays like flower and tiger rays which can grow to 30inch disk

are scobinas hard to come by i have never seen any for sale anywhere and i visit loads of fish shops
i did not know flower and tiger rays got that big i thought they grew the same size as motoro

I think flowers max out between 14 and 16" (depending on the varient)
The larger species are the casterxi rays.

great stuff but buy the time you add postage then its still cheaper for me to buy it from livingseas as i buy lost of stuff so i dont buy the postage

also how do you know what the use buy date is on the ebay stuff i always order over the phone at livingseas and ask what the date is

if you are not doing large water changes then you need a use buy date of at least 1yr

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back