Motoro Sting Ray Help Please******

What ray would you surrgest is easyest to keep alive, other than the motoros?
Im under the impression that Orbignyis are pretty easy to care for, but are they any more desireable than motoros?
The best bet would be a scobina, but theyre quite delicate/sensitive ive heard...

Mike

all rays are sensative,i dont think motoros are any easier to keep alive than any other ray it all comes down to feeding,as long as you make sure the ray in question is feeding properly in the lfs and you have a big stable tank there is no reason for them to die.
but im just a ray rookie so im probably wrong :D

:lol: Well your alot less of a rookie than many people, cos you actually have one :lol:

Mikey

i have two actually :D but im far from being a expert mine would probably be dead if it wernt for the advice from the raykeepers on here

:lol: Sorry my mistake, at least you have two :nod: (as if one isnt enough :) )

Yeah, theres quite a few ray keepers on here now, and in the next 3-5 months i should be amongst you :D (that project i mentioned a while back)

Mikey

Yeah allmost, but my plan of action hasnt thoroughly been carried out yet, so its not (yet) defineately going ahead, but its more than likely that it will :D

Mikey

in a 6x2x2ft tank its only scobina that will be ok in that tank for life as they have a max idsk size of 12inch

then their is a big jump to hystrix reticulatus(teacup) obi(not sure about obi they may get bigger) and p14 which max out at 16inch disk

then come the big boys like motoro leopoldi and all the others not listed were the females max out at 24inch disk and the males around 18inch disk

then the to big to handle rays like flower and tiger rays which can grow to 30inch disk

How sensitive are scobinas? Are they just as hardy as the motoros?

Mikey

are scobinas hard to come by i have never seen any for sale anywhere and i visit loads of fish shops
i did not know flower and tiger rays got that big i thought they grew the same size as motoro

Dans selling some now, and at 5" for £100 i dont think its too bad...He has loads of rays in stock at the moment...

Mikey

No not quite, bit smaller volume, but a bigger footprint...Ill explain everything soon, but need to get space sorted and tank ordered and things...
By the way cane, where'd you get your pong declor from? Does it cost alot?

Thanks, Mikey

i have not started using pond dechlorinator yet im finishing off the big bottle of nutrifin i brought a few months back first its still half full :good:

Oh right fair enough

EDIT: How much water do the 2 litre bottles of the nutrafin treat? Is it quite costly?

Thanks, Mikey

Most reactions

Back