Most Disappointing Fish?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Luckily, my Dwarf Gourami came from Petsmart and has been my hardiest fish as of yet.

You got lucky then. They are great fish & they were once considered one of the hardiest fish you could get. Unfortunately they've been overbred & their immune systems aren't what they once were. That combined with the Dwarf Gourami Disease having no cure or way of preventing make it tough to find a healthy one.

Exactly. From all the research I've done, no amount of cleaning tanks will do anything to thwart it. It just makes me sad because they're such great fish.

Exactly. From all the research I've done, no amount of cleaning tanks will do anything to thwart it. It just makes me sad because they're such great fish.
Well, did you test if they will still get it if you've had them in a separate tank for 1-2 months and then moved it to the said infected tank (that has been cleaned thoroughly)?
I doubt anything can resist that amount of heat and bleach and no host for a long time. It would probably live on Mars if taken there...

Gosh. Mine are like little monsters. They tear up my tank and mess with all of my fish. The only fish that have been able to withstand this is another danio

I think I may have just gotten lucky - my Danios don't really conform to the stereotype and I certainly wouldn't have any more that weren't in a species tank since that is just chancing fate a bit. :rolleyes:

I had a Jewel Cichlid once, and she was a stunner. Great fish with all sorts of personality. Probably my favorite fish in the world (minus my Green Terrors) I loved that fish, but man, she was dissapointing. I couldnt keep her with anything. She would demolish any fish that came near her. She killed a Vieja and badly injured another.

So that would be my most disapointing fish. Great fish though, just liked to eat everyone.

I agree. I've also heard that other fish from infected tanks can introduce the virus to your tank when you add them, even though they themselves aren't affected they can still be carriers. I believe this is how my prized Powder Blue Dwarf eventually came down with it when I added a Bristlenose Pleco and a Mystery Snail to the tank.

Pakistani loaches for me. They hide in the bamboo until dinner and go straight back afterwards

Would have to say platty's But best fish ever Is silver barracuda. He's awesome and not aggressive but is a predatory fish how awesome

Most reactions

Back