Moss Balls

• Thread starter Deleted member 55926
  • Start date

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I flattened mine out to form a 'lawn' type effect. My shrimp love it. You can kind of see it, its in a pic in my 55 gallon journal.

I have just acquired a moss ball and was wandering what would happen if i was too rip it in half to make 2 balls??

it is totally possible to just pull a moss ball apart. although it may lose it rounded shape but it doesnt hurt the plants.
to flatten them out, just pull them apart into the desired shape. again wont hurt the plant. for a carpet you may find its better to tie it to a flat rock/slate for desired effect. it is a bit tricky from experience to make one nice "sheet" of it out of a ball...usually just ends up as an amorphous blob that doesnt look very carpet-y.
cheers

I cant get moss balls in my local LFS but I do have several cold water streams near me with nice rocks covered in moss, I live in the UK so the moss is growing in very cold water! would this moss be okay in a tank?

I cant get moss balls in my local LFS but I do have several cold water streams near me with nice rocks covered in moss, I live in the UK so the moss is growing in very cold water! would this moss be okay in a tank?
Didn't work when I tired it.

Maybe it would work in an unheated tank in a cool room, but even then I'm not sure most of the moss we see in streams is even fully aquatic.

Didn't work when I tired it.

Maybe it would work in an unheated tank in a cool room, but even then I'm not sure most of the moss we see in streams is even fully aquatic.

sorry didn't see this reply, thanks for that i'll see if I can order some off the net :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back