moonglow lights

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cryosi

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
was thinking of getting a moonglow light for me catfish... anyone use them ( i am betting here that gibbo has ) lol

i found a 36 inch for £8.24 and a 18inch for £5.99 this good deals they interpet ones! thanxs peeps! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Cryosi, you must mean the new LED lights? I have a double standard light fixture in my Reef tank with two blue party lights. I startd out with black light bulbs. Yhey were not bight enough, so I went to the blue party bulbs' Fish sre not supposed to be sensitive to blue light. Works well

I know the ones you mean Cry, I havn't got any surprisingly enough but may pick some up today by way of coincidence. I want to see more of me Syno Notatus and might only rig up an 18" one. Should be enough though... :D

I know the ones you mean , they are reccommended for fish like Kuhli loaches etc., but I havent got one either.

gl they are floro tubes not leds, cool gibbo let me know was thinking putting one in each tank :thumbs:

rite just ordered a 36inch and a 18inch for me tanks a new starter motor (double socket) so when it comes i shall be able to see them at nite, i am surprised they call them new(interpet) would have thought they been going for a while nite ones, i only use grolux x2 and one that improves fish colors

Got one today, much brighter than I thought - have 'bounced' it upward so I can view fish still. It was freaking out the Paratilapia Pollini's, they are more settled now. Catfish aren't going for it yet though.. :/

bounced it upwards! u lost me ....i knew i forgot something when i ordered them lol some more reflectors lol anyone know if they actually make a great diffence

I have covers but no lids on tanks so I shine light upward so it reflects back off cieling, thus 'softening' the light. It's a photographic term ;)

oh rite i get ya now i use to bounce the flash off things when i used to have my slr camera got rid of it still got the flash and tripod thou lol

Now I understand. I didn't realize we were talking about blue actinics. I thought it was about moon phase lighting that many reefers are experimenting around with at the moment. This is a tricky thing to do. The object is to simulate the moonlight, while resisting the urge to have it be bright enough to still observe everything.

it got me confused as well, not until i read more that the lights were used mainly on reef systems. Gibbo got one the weekend, i ordered mine so should come end of week early next week. just thought it would be better for the catfish as its mainly a catfish tank ( the 4 hacket fish aside lol)

have no idea what an actinic is guessing its a kind of marine light

A blue actinic has most of its spectrum in the blue range, hence the name. Most corals need intense light in this spectrum to thrive. Operative word here is intense. Normal blue actinics would most likely be a liitle overwhelming for a freshwater tank as a primary light. It does say the moonlight ones are not as intense though. We will have to await the results. If one just wants the blue spectrum, there is a manufacturer in the states called Radionic whose aquarium lights have more blue spectrum than any others I have seen. Don't know if you can find them in the UK though.

Most reactions

trending

Back