Massive problem

I'm no expert but i believe they will last longer if you can get some air in there - do you have an air pump and small airstones you can use? With no filter you'd need to do very frequent water changes. Don't feed them, they can go for quite a few days without food, or feed tiny tiny amounts, this will cut down on toxins in the water. Put a post out to see if anyone near you can lend a spare tank or 'fish sit' your fish in their quarantine tank until you get your tank fixed?

Hope they do okay, keep us posted.

Sarah

I want a new tank anyways but the tank isn't in anyway decent it has 2 cracks not big oned but enough to give u a small and slow leak. i've patched it up once and the whol lot could go if i try to get the patch off so i can redo it.

Goto Walmart, get a 10 gallon tank for 9$. then go get a small 10-15 gallon filter from whisper, theyre 10 bucks. for 25 bucks you have an extra tank and some silicone to seel the leaks

or if you have a rubbermaid bin for storage, clean it out and fill it with water, duct tape it to help hold it together if u fill it full, (not recommended - 1/4 is good) throw ur fish in there and filter media with airstone, ive had to do this b4. not fun but didnt lose a single fish

Sorry for double post, but if you go get the 10 gal, save your filter media, put it in the new filter along with the new media, then add some of your substrate to the 10 gal...

that will cycle it in no time..

You can pick up cheap tanks at pets at home(I don't ever suggest going here for fish!!) or try e-bay for bargain second hand tanks.
Good luck with your fish.......think of it as a perfect time to get a new tank!! ;)

I have sen in my lfs a new aquarium sealent that you can use under water and it sets like the regular one. It was however twice the price of normal sealent.

Have you kept your filter running or at least wet? Doing that would be a good idea and then just go and get a new tank from Pets At Home. The basic glass of their tanks is very cheap (4ft is £40) and then hopefully your filter will still be fine and stick on the old lid, unless you are cheeky and get one a bit bigger. ;)

Hope it's all ok.

hay all thanks for the replies!!
I just got a new 27.5Gl and i've only ust got it up and running it's now stable and my fish are engoying the extra space. My old filter's doing fine (rena Xp2). jsut need to test the water every day for the next week to make sure that my bactria has survived.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back