Marine Aquascape Tips

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

You guys are talking about the drop off look.

This kind of thing

02122006081.jpg

Tip for this style though, if you remove water from the display during water changes don't pile the rock too high or it'll be left high and dry.

This was my 55 gallon last week after I added 20k's of LR, as said above its deffo easier to get more flow around the tank with islands as opposed to walls of LR.Picture_001small.JPG

I like the 2 island thing but cleaning the glass can be a nightmare some times especially that big i found in mine.

Proplem is for you guys the tank isnt the biggest space to work with. i Have mine as a wall but create the effect of a like lagoon by having areas cumming around into the middle as such.

here this is a little old but hope it gives u another idea lol...

SP_A0245.jpg

nice tank n1z

we just wish the tank was deeper, it's so narro it's hard to create any depth with whatever scape we choose :/

Whats your width?

How about...

1. like a center island so the fish can swim around it 360.
2. AH PERFECT IDEA! :hyper: Right how about stacking all the rock up both sides of the tank and a little i the middle to create a watsa-mecall-it drop verge? (might need silicone or summit to make it proper secure if really worried but should be ok)
here.. or put it more at an angle so there is more view for corals. :thumbs:
layout.jpg

i like that second one actually, combination of the drop off and 2 islands thing.

will have a measure tonight, can't remember the exact dimensions.

You know you want to copy me 8)

You guys have pretty much touched on all the basic aquascaping topics so I only have 3 pieces of advice to add. #1, Tonga branch rock can look AWESOME if used as an accent. Just make sure its used sparingly, cause IMO a whole tank of it looks like poo. #2, have some epoxy putty around when you actually "do the deed" cause you WILL run into a few rocks that are too stubborn to get to fit the way you want them to without some "help". And #3, if you want less rock in the display, just put the extra or the unsightly rock in the sump :D

good luck and I cant wait to see what you guys come up with :D

You know you want to copy me 8)

You guys have pretty much touched on all the basic aquascaping topics so I only have 3 pieces of advice to add. #1, Tonga branch rock can look AWESOME if used as an accent. Just make sure its used sparingly, cause IMO a whole tank of it looks like poo. #2, have some epoxy putty around when you actually "do the deed" cause you WILL run into a few rocks that are too stubborn to get to fit the way you want them to without some "help". And #3, if you want less rock in the display, just put the extra or the unsightly rock in the sump :D

good luck and I cant wait to see what you guys come up with :D

we've been talking this through the last few nights, going round in circles deciding what to do. just can't decide whats best to do if anything. Ian's veering to leaving it not far from what it is now but building up our corals as we definately both want to have loads. I'd like to do something more creative but the more creative we get with the rock the less places were gonna have to put corals. It's a little tricky to work out what's best to do.

priority for now is to set up the sump and then we can look at the tank properly again, we'll be moving a whole load of equipment out of the tank so it may leave us with more room than we expected, it can be a little hard to visualise the space sometimes!!

but yes we have some epoxy putty stuff lying around and I agree I don't want loads of branch rock, but a few bits to create interest should be good

:good:

can you believe we've had this tank nearly 6 months now!! worked it out the other day and I'm really shocked. Will try and get some piccies up when the sump's set up so you can see how we've progressed!

I was thinkin just yesterday about how its been a while since I've seen pics of your tank. Cant wait to see em :)

we've been doing boring stuff like saving for the fuge and sump recently, not done much in terms of the look of it.

however when the sump's up and running we get loads more room in the tank and can play with thigns properly, also then I'm allowed to buy corals again (been banned while we save up :sad: )

Well, the waiting will make it that much sweeter when you get to buy them :D. Nice work being responsible and saving up for them though :good:

it's such hard work! having to do it with everything at the moment as we're fixing the house up, I keep wanting to blow our money on takeaways and clothes and just fun stuff and Ian keeps making me buy bits of wood and sinks and rubbish stuff like that!!

not that I'm complaining mind you, we've made more progress sorting the house in the last 6 months than I did in the 4 years I lived there before Ian moved in. :rolleyes:

Yeah I bet. Self control is hard, but its also the mark of excellent character, so be proud of yourself for having it :good:

ha ha ha ha ha

I just have Ian control..... he doesn't give in to me even when I sulk like a 5 year old :rolleyes:

works both ways though, I stopped Ian starting smoking again earlier this week :shifty:

Most reactions

Back