Male or female?

Divinityinlove

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
This black tailed guppy is one of few who were born in my tank and mixed half endler dad, half guppy mom. Is this male or female??

I'm trying to separate the males and females as soon as I can determine what they are but some like this are super colourful due to their dads yet tails are shaped more roundish like the females I had...

Here's a video of the dad, you can see the inherited colouring. The only guppy male (non-endler) is the orange tailed Mr, in the following video. So mostly the babies are from the two endlers with black in them, both same colouring.

Hello. The fish I'm focusing on in the video is very streamlined, so my uneducated guess is, it's a male. Females have bigger bodies, but can be quite colorful, especially in their tail fin area.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Hope this helps...
image-2ec812cc33958116c0eb5af9dd0fd8f9_v_1452609010.jpeg

That is a male that you've got there, he's chasing that female. Males have a very thin anal fin and thinner in the body, females are usually bigger in size with a big belly and a gravid spot

This black tailed guppy is one of few who were born in my tank and mixed half endler dad, half guppy mom. Is this male or female??

I'm trying to separate the males and females as soon as I can determine what they are but some like this are super colourful due to their dads yet tails are shaped more roundish like the females I had...

Here's a video of the dad, you can see the inherited colouring. The only guppy male (non-endler) is the orange tailed Mr, in the following video. So mostly the babies are from the two endlers with black in them, both same colouring.
It's a male for sure...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back