Male Molly Nipping Female Balloon Molly

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

river_rat

Reaction score
i really dont know what to think of this. i just bought a female and male black molly. and the male wont leave the female balloon molly i already had alone. its rubbing its face all over the bottom of the molly i cant tell if its nipping or not but doesnt look like it. the balloon doesnt seem to like it but at the same time it doesnt swim away. the male molly will push on the balloon so hard it almost tips the balloon all the way forward. so what should i do. is it just trying to mate or what. as i said the balloon doesnt seem too stressed but it doesnt look normal for the male to be doing that

Sounds to me like they are mating. Mollies are sex mad. I have been told that you should have at least 2 females for every one male, otherwise the female will get too stressed out, especially if she is carrying fry.

Maybe in a month or 2 you may have some baby fry ;)

can a normal molly mate with a balloon molly? im thinking of getting rid of the male. when i bought the two normal male and female mollys the female gave birth the next day so ive already got a couple babies now.

Most reactions

Back