Male Dwarf Goraumi And Male Honey Gourami?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pickledstrawberries

Reaction score
In a 15 gallon tank? I see some beautiful 'sunset honey gouramis' and some neon dwarf gouramis in my lfs and would like to know if they one of each could be tank mates, there's some surface cover, a lot of ventilation for them to get air, and plants and oranments to hide in
I have 6 sepae tetras who never bothered my betta (who now lives in a 8g on his own, didn't seem to like so much open water, just stuck in the one place, he's much more active now), the two darkest ones nip a little among themselves and seem happy to stick with their group in the middle of the tank

Several of each appear to get along in the store, most are about full grown, about 2inch

You will probibly find that the mildly agressive dwarf gourami bully the very placid Honey gourami. There are three different colour strains of the Honeys, so I'd mebe look at getting a pair of red and a pair of yellow, or a pair of wild type :nod: You can still get the colour in there then, but without the "agro" that the dwarf gourami are likely to caurse. I'm not sure however as to how the gourami will get on with the Serpae's. It's unusual for them not to pick on a fighter, so if you got away with keeping one of them in there with them, I'd be tempted to say it would work with your shoal :nod:

All the best
Rabbut

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back