Lumpy neon

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jellyboo

Reaction score
Two of my five tetras have developed a lump under their chin. Anyone know what the problem is likely to be? The red isnt faded and they seem to be happy in themselves. Its just a bit odd!

Attachments

• 20171107_181140.jpg
    20171107_181140.jpg
    484.2 KB · Views: 385
  • 20171107_181142.jpg
    20171107_181142.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 277
Hi there,

Your fish definitely have something going on with them; they don't look normal. Could you give us some more details of your set up, please? As most fish 'diseases' have are caused by problems in their environment, we need to look at that first.

How big is your tank, how long has it been set up and was it cycled before you added fish (and, if yes, how exactly did you cycle it)? Exactly what fish do you have? Have you tested the water at all and, if so, can you post the results?

I would start off by doing a 50% water change, every day, making sure the new water is warmed and dechlorinated, and don't feed the fish for two or three days (this will not do them any harm at all) as those lumps are actually near where a fish's stomach is, so we want to make sure they're not overeating or constipated.

Hello,

Thank you for your info.
I tend to do a 45-50%water change every couple of weeks. My PH has never a problem and sticks around the 6 mark.

The tank has been up and running for around 8 months. I had it doing its thing for about two weeks before adding any fish with Aquacure's Bio boost. Then ive gradually added 5 neons, 3 harliquins,
Hi there,

Your fish definitely have something going on with them; they don't look normal. Could you give us some more details of your set up, please? As most fish 'diseases' have are caused by problems in their environment, we need to look at that first.

How big is your tank, how long has it been set up and was it cycled before you added fish (and, if yes, how exactly did you cycle it)? Exactly what fish do you have? Have you tested the water at all and, if so, can you post the results?

I would start off by doing a 50% water change, every day, making sure the new water is warmed and dechlorinated, and don't feed the fish for two or three days (this will not do them any harm at all) as those lumps are actually near where a fish's stomach is, so we want to make sure they're not overeating or constipated.
Hello,

Thank you for your info.
I tend to do a 25-50% water change every couple of weeks. My PH has never been a problem and sticks around the 6/7 mark and it is a 60litre tank.

The tank has been up and running for around 9 months. I had it doing its thing for about two weeks with Aquacure's Bio boost before adding any fish. Then ive gradually added 5 neons, 3 harliquins, 4 endlers, 4 pygmy corys, 3 ember tertas and around 5 blue dream shrimp. My endlers have been busy and have recently populated the tank with some babies, which my mum is going to take off my hands at the weekend.

Only two of my five neons are showing this lump, none of the other fish seem to be having problems in any way. U shall try changing the water as suggested and see how it goes. Thank you again!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back