Lonely Molly actually very ill

Missy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My lonely molly has decided to let me know, shortly after my last post debating over giving him girlfriends, that he is very very ill. :no: He is terrible weak and no longer just hangs around in one spot acting as if he'd like a friend. He's now floating upside down and/or sideways being pulled around by the current. He had been eating up until last night when I started to worry a little but he otherwise showed no signs of illness.
I have moved him to a hospital net to keep him from getting stuck to the filter but I don't know what I should do for him now. I hate to watch him suffer but don't really know what else to do for him except keep from the others and wait. Any suggestions? Do you think he will pass away overnight? This really Stinks!!!

I am so sorry to hear that. I don't know anything about mollies so I can't help but I wanted to bump this thread up so you can hopefully get some help.

I'd give him a general internal bacteria medication (such as the one produced by Interpet) and feed him sparingly. However, he may not make it whatever you do. Poor fish :-(

With a situation like what you describe it is most likely that your fish will not pull through. Sorry! :( It almost sounds like a swim bladder disorder but I don't really know. Follow what Alien Anna suggests, it sounds like the best advice.

Most reactions

Back