Lighting Problem?

debbie888

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok I changed my tank over ftom gravel to sand last week, and all went well and I am really pleased with it, the fact I had white gravel before made my lighting issue crap with the reflection on the white gravel. The sand I have in is quite light in colour but obviously not as light as the white gravel...if that makes sense?

Anyway 3 days after changing from gravel to sand, the tank settled down and looked clearer than it ever had before, the lighing issue, clearness of the water was perfect, the last two days it seems to have gone back to what it was....crap basically...I am wondering if I should change my lighting tube...or maybe wait for the tank to settle....had read on here that it takes usually 3-5 days to completely clear...I have numerous other tanks at home and have no problem with lighting or clearness of water...but am having issue with both now....I have a Juwel Rekord 120 if that might be any help....?

Please help?

Debbie

so what is actually the problem? Does the water look yellow, is it not clear, has it got particles floating around in it?

so what is actually the problem? Does the water look yellow, is it not clear, has it got particles floating around in it?

It does not look yellow, just cloudy....but was wondering if the lighting was making it look more so...anything I can do to try and clear it up...I know it can look clear as it did a couple of days ago...

Sorry colin didnt explain myself too well...!

it could be fine particles of food or fish waste floating around. Perhaps add some filter wool/floss to the filter. Otherwise do a water change and gravel clean.

Try looking through the tank from one of the ends instead of the front. See if there is any colour in the water from that view.

it could be fine particles of food or fish waste floating around. Perhaps add some filter wool/floss to the filter. Otherwise do a water change and gravel clean.

Try looking through the tank from one of the ends instead of the front. See if there is any colour in the water from that view.

Ok Colin I will do just that.....I looked from both sides and it seems like a milky colour!

Most reactions

Back