Life And Growth Of A Fancy Guppy Fry

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Love the development of your baby guppy posted... my 2 fry are at the very early-stages so really looking forward to these growing....

Well done with Skittles.

Hi again guys! I know its been a while, sorry about that. :p

Skittles is doing great, looking more and more like the female guppy who sadly died with the blue male guppy about a week ago. So happy that she is looking more like her supposed mother, she had clear blue in her tail that was so pretty. Skittles is very big now, almost as big as the adults! She is definitely a girl, she has a gravid spot and color only on her fins.

The other smaller, unnamed guppy fry is growing up nicely, avoiding the chases of the adults and eating food picked up off the gravel. She is also probably a female, can't wait till she grows up and her colors are more definite. Right now she has some color on her tail, mostly light orange with some black spots here and there.

Side note, we have a new golden lyre-tail (presumably) female molly, and a red and black-finned baby platy. Lemondrop is still fat, as if she will never give us any more fry. I do really want some fry from her, as I would love to have a male home-bred guppy now and then. The middle of her tail is getting more black dots on it, (maybe it will turn yellow also!) before it was just clear.

Okay, have some good and some bad news, mostly bad/sad. =(

Lemondrop and the Yellow Lyretail Molly have died, leaving us with the fish in my updated signature. Skittles is all grown up and is almost as big as the adults, and the other fry is growing up nicely and has a bit of bright orange on her tail. I might get pictures soon, but not definite.

Wow, I'm surprised my thread is still even on here! =O Well, I'm back and I'm wondering really what I should do with my remaining fish & tank, I would love to do like 2 female and 1 male *new* guppies, 4 or 5 pygmy corys, and a male marbled (or maybe any-other that catches my eye) betta. Buttt my mom still doesn't really like the fish and would be extremely happy if they died out quickly. Just a quick question, how long can you let a tank sit with no fish in it, filter still running (with of course fish food for some substance to keep the bacteria from running out). Oh, and of course sand on the bottom for the corys.

I will be updating my signature with the remaining fish I have left. Maybe if I start babysitting and earning money my mom will let me do whatever with the tank as long as I pay for it, clean it, and feed the fish? I'm not sure.. Also if anyone could reference me to a site where I can learn how marbled bettas 'work'.

I just spotted a guppy fry! :blink: Maybe since we have been feeding them more they aren't eating all of them. :blush: Whatever the reason is, I hope it lives!

Sorry for the amount of un-related questions in my last post.. :look: The lone guppy fry is doing well, I'm surprised that its even *there* as I thought my females were not mating as I wasn't seeing fry for the longest time. I really want to rehome the molly and the albino cory, and the ADF but then I would probably have to get another Julii for Cookies and Cream (my lone Julii cory). Is there any reason that only one fry out of a batch is surviving? Is the batch just that small, or is it the strongest that survives in a tank that doesn't get fed enough? :blush: The fry is already getting colors in his/her tail so I hope it will be a male since the adult male I have is quite short in the fins.

The fry is still alive, and doing well. Its getting increasingly bolder to get near to the adults at feeding time. Its colors are also coming out more, at least on its tail fin. I still am hoping it will be a male! :look: But even if it survives I will be very happy.

Most reactions

Back