LED light suggestions

šŸ  May TOTM Voting is Live! šŸ 
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
šŸ† Click here to Vote! šŸ†

sepuku

Reaction score
Iā€™m nearly ready to order the lights for my tropical freshwater tank setup, and am after some LED light suggestions...
I do like the 24 hour cycle ones, where you can switch to moonlight setting, as my 4 year olds and 6 year old will love seeing the aquarium in the different lights.
Iā€™m going to be keeping plants in the aquarium as I want to put together a particular scene from a famous movie, set in a forest (more to come on that later :) ), so will need something good for them too.

Ideally Iā€™d like something that I can programme, then leave as it is. Smart (controllable settings by the phone) would be great, if thereā€™s any such thing, but not necessary. Remote would be awesome though... I also like the idea of getting something thatā€™s got adjustable brackets as I built a new hood for it after the old one was damaged years ago in a house move, and like the idea of mounting the lights inside the hood if at all possible.

The tank is 100x40x40cm.

Any suggestions welcome!

Many thanks!

I would recommend Fluval Aquasky it is good for low to medium light plants. Not high light plants.

It has a programmable 24 hour light cycle, it has customizable colour spectrums, it has multiple weather effects, it is controlled by your phone using bluetooth and you will have to download the Fluval app on your phone to use the remote to control your light. There is no manual switches to turn the light on or off from the light itself you can only turn it on and off from you phone.

It is watterproof. They have moonlight, gradual sunrise, mid day, dusk, stormy effects and dense cloud cover lighting effects.

Also it has a 15 minute ramp up before the light actually turns on to limit the shock on your fish from going to complete darkness to light, this will not be an issue if you tank is close to a window or a room that gets natural sun light. It we'll turn on 15 minutes before you set it to turn on. it also well slowly start to switch colours 15 minutes before it is scheduled to switch colours. For ex: if you have your led light on white from 1 to 6 pm, and you set your light to switch to moonlight light at 6 pm. your Fluval light will start to slowly change colours from the white led to moonlight at 5:45pm it well fully become moonlight at 6 pm.

the light can range to 130$ to 200$.

I have the fluval aquasky and i like it, i have mine setup to mimick a full day.
the morning i have it set to a red/orange light for sunrise that gradualy goes to full light, then agaim a red/orange for sunset into a blue moonlight then off.

Want a cheaper option to the fluval aquasky take a look at this Nicrew Light.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The fluval aquasky is ok.

You really don't get much custimization as far as light goes since the colored diodes are tiny.

I have a few led lights, all around the same price and similar features on paper.....but the finex planted is by far the best.

Most reactions

Back