Kevin's 55 Gallon Adventure To The Salty Side!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

As you have nothing in your tank yet and its easy to get to, take out the whole rock and stick a soldering iron in the little :devil: and watch him implode woo hoo - mind you it stinks :p

Seffie x

As you have nothing in your tank yet and its easy to get to, take out the whole rock and stick a soldering iron in the little :devil: and watch him implode woo hoo - mind you it stinks :p

Seffie x

Lol thats evil!

Anyway another way is, if you have a hypodermic needle is inject boiling water into the mouth. There are also products out there you can buy however I personally try to put in as little to the water as I can.

I used seffies method and got some of them :/ they were hard to find out of the water, but the experience was quite enjoyable even with the smell :lol:

Good on you, its by far the best method i have found - and :p the most satisfying!

Seffie x

Have not done an update in a while because not much has happened other than cycling the tank, which finished this week so today i did a 50% water change, which i miscalculated so i need about a gallon more. I also purchased a small CUC to go in there which right now is only 3 turbo snails but they are hard at work cleaning up most of my algae and one surprisingly ate an aiptasia with no harm to itself. pics.
The more sociable snail.
P1180022.jpg

The less sociable snail.
P1180021.jpg

FTS.
P1180019.jpg

I also forgot to mention that my skimmer came a few weeks ago and skimming great! Filling up the cup with dark brown sludge about 3 times a week.

I have yet another question would i be able to add the clownfish separately or would i have to do them both at the same time?

I'm still a clownfish noob myself, but so far I have read both methods. I used the approach of adding two immature individuals at the same time with my maroons, but I don't see why it couldn't be staggered to some degree with other species. The main thing is that if you have the first clown for some time and it grows, you'll want to make sure you get a pretty small, immature second clown the second time around so that you don't risk having competing females.

(Edited for typos)

Finally got my first fish in the tank. It is a fire fish! Pics to be up later after i clean tank some more :blush: .
165360_1808717301266_1339954351_2004155_3292089_n.jpg

Firefish are pretty aren't they. Re the clown fish, I would always buy two juvies from the same tank :good:

Seffie x

Most reactions

Back