Kent

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

hey welcome all :) allot of fish keeping in kent quality :D

Thought i would do a little update of our Kentish members! (oo er!) :)

I cant edit the first post any more for some reason, so here is a new one! We have 10!!! Now 13! I feel a social gathering coming on!

Jojouk Ramsgate
Ian L Ramsgate
PS3Stevo Dartford
Zikofski Bexly
Box Maidstone
Lufbramatt Chatham
Rymez2K Maidstone
sadguppy Tonbridge
stevebubble Rainham
Communitytank1 Gravesend
ddowling01 Maidstone
Tymburton - Snodland
Liamm - Chatham

:)

lmfao nice one :) what sorta fish has everyone got then?

i got what is says in my Sig 1 Pleo, 15 Green/Orange Lazer Cory, 6 Torpedo Barb and 4 Angel Fish :)

Thought i would do a little update of our Kentish members! (oo er!) :)

I cant edit the first post any more for some reason, so here is a new one! We have 10!!! I feel a social gathering coming on!

:)

Ten, is that it?? I am sure I have seen more using the forums! Kent is a very big place after all!

I am still building my community tank, so far I have a small shoal of danios (which are a pain, every problem I have seems to be down to them!), guppies (which are mean bullies and pick on each other and the platies), platies and tetras which are both peaceful and colourful and I love, and a very messy and not often seen clown plec, plus shrimp and snails. I am hoping to add some nice centrepiece fish (gourami?) once I am confident that everyone is getting on and we are completely disease free.

I also have a small tank with some pygmy cories and a few lady guppies and platies which is a very peaceful tank and despite probably being overstocked has never been a problem, and a 20l tank with some guppy and platy fry which came as a nice surprise inside my females!

Does anyone know a local shrimp breeder as I have four and would love about 20 more!

Hi all,

I'm from Kent too - Snodland to be exact.

currently doing lots of reading and research before I get my tank, probably next payday when I get my overtime :)

Any recommendations on the best place to go for a tank in the local area?

Hi all,

currently doing lots of reading and research before I get my tank, probably next payday when I get my overtime :)

Hello & welcome to the forums! :D

It might be a bit far from you (takes about half an hour from Tonbridge) but I would try Maidenhead Aquatics at Polhill to see which tanks take your fancy (they have a lot on display, more than anywhere else i've visited). If you like a specific tank you could always order it online at seapets - or try ebay/gumtree for something local and cheap.

Heaver Tropics in Ash was recommended to me by another member and they have a good variety of fish, again about 25 mins away from Snodland probably? There's also Fintastics in Tonbridge which is where most of my stock have come from, and they're all happy and healthy! Personally, I wouldn't shop for livestock at Pets at Home (although they might be ok for tanks), I have been to most of the local shops and they often have dead fish being devoured in their tanks, and things wrongly labelled!

lmfao nice one :) what sorta fish has everyone got then?

I have a 90 gallon Tanganyikan cichlid community tank- brevis shellies, julies and compressiceps in the rocks, and a trio of mental synodintis catfish. About to start up a little breeding project in my spare 29 gal tank to see if I can get some julidochromis transcriptus fry.

Hi all,

aylesford aquatics on the A20 London road (before you get to sainsburys heading towards maidstone) are very good for tanks, well worth a look.

Chatham Chav here :lol:

I'm in chatham very close to Rochester airport/toys r us, work at Hornby in Margate though, CT9 postcode lol

How close to rochester airport?

When buying equipment and stuff I prefer to use this website http://www.arkpetsonline.co.uk/
things tend to be alot cheaper on there than in the shops, and their warehouse is in maidstone.

Aylesford aquatics I feel aren't as good as what they used to be, ark aquatics can be hit and miss really. Has anyone been to water world in strood? Would recommend a visit :)

I'm in chatham very close to Rochester airport/toys r us, work at Hornby in Margate though, CT9 postcode lol

Aylesford aquatics I feel aren't as good as what they used to be, ark aquatics can be hit and miss really. Has anyone been to water world in strood? Would recommend a visit :)

Concord Avenue at bottom of Davis Estate :good:

Ark Aquatics in Gillingham is good since they move it to the other side of the garden centre, shame the previous manager, Neil, left, he really knew his stuff. They have some nice fish in there though and all the fish I've got from them have been healthy. Did have a nightmare ordering a part for an eheim filter in there recently though, took them 3 attempts to get the right part, even though I gave them the right part number! Pretty sure the Ark Pets Online and Ark Aquatics are part of the same company?

Water World- is that the one that used to be Pococks Garden Centre down dillywood lane, off the Gravesend Road?

Hi all,

hi Tim i'm in snodland too
small world lol

Concord Avenue at bottom of Davis Estate :good:

Ark Aquatics in Gillingham is good since they move it to the other side of the garden centre, shame the previous manager, Neil, left, he really knew his stuff. They have some nice fish in there though and all the fish I've got from them have been healthy. Did have a nightmare ordering a part for an eheim filter in there recently though, took them 3 attempts to get the right part, even though I gave them the right part number! Pretty sure the Ark Pets Online and Ark Aquatics are part of the same company?

Water World- is that the one that used to be Pococks Garden Centre down dillywood lane, off the Gravesend Road?

Oh my. I live on hook close :blink:

Yeah true I suppose, one thing I find odd about the ark is the choice of flooring in their fish room, when wet it must turn into an ice rink lol. Yeah ark online is the same company I believe, but things are way cheaper on their website, than in store :huh:

Yeah thats the place :)

haha my back garden backs onto the end of the houses on hook close! My next door neighbour has a couple of tanks too although he's not on here, and I know another lady who lives a few doors up who has the most stunning green terror cichlid i've ever seen. Lots of tanks nearby!

Anyone go to the strood and district club?
They hold it every second and forth Tuesday of the month
Could be a good Kent meet up if it should happen
Box

Most reactions

Back