Juwel Rekord 60 Internal Filter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PudPud

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Juwel Rekord 60 tank (54L) and it had no filter included. Does anyone have the right size internal filter to fit the green housing included with the tank (which holds pump, heater and filter)? If so let me know price incld delivery and I will get back to you - thanks.

What parts do you require? Could you post a picture? I have a spare pump and heater, I don't have filter pads though.

I have a juwel pump and heater in the tank and the white cage for the filter - not sure if the pads go into it as it is or if I need to buy something to go into it first. I checked with a shop online and they said I needed a filter pump but I have a pump in the tank so a little confused by that. Do I put the filters right into the white cage in the photo or do I need to buy a new filter part - tank was sold as with pump and heater but no filter so assume I need to buy a new juwel (or similar size) filter.

Photos showing pump, heater and white filter cage I have.

Attachments

• imag0106.jpg
    imag0106.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 80
  • imag0105.jpg
    imag0105.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 81
  • imag0104.jpg
    imag0104.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 84
  • imag0105.jpg
    imag0105.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 86
its the pads you need, they go in the cage.

i have a load if you wanted to buy em? they'd be mature so would speed up cycling :)

The filter is a combination of pump and filter media, the pads, or ceramic media, are the bits you require from what I can infer, the white cage holds sponge/ceramics in place, I'd buy a box of ceramic media, place it in a filter sock, and place it in the white cage ensuring there is enough space for a Juwel sponge to filter out any fine particles, then insert into the slot.

Matt - thanks but I would prefer to start the cycling from scratch to get the hang of it for when I get other small tanks.

Standby - cheers, so I would either buy a media kit like this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Juwel-Compact-Filter-Media-Replacement-full-set-GENUINE-/160525608924?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item25601267dc) or ceramic media (http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A4908&rt=nc&_nkw=ceramic+media&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=15&_sc=1) and put it in a filter sock with a juwel sponge on top? If I do the ceramic media way (which seems much easier) how often would I change or clean it?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for the help as I was under the impression I needed to buy a complete filter.

The ceramic media should never need cleaning, just give the sponge a gentle squeeze every 3 months or so.

The ceramic stuff you have linked is the correct stuff, then just fit a Juwel sponge on top, you could always use a cheaper sponge made for aquariums if you wish, but you'd need to cut it to size.

The ceramic media should never need cleaning, just give the sponge a gentle squeeze every 3 months or so.

The ceramic stuff you have linked is the correct stuff, then just fit a Juwel sponge on top, you could always use a cheaper sponge made for aquariums if you wish, but you'd need to cut it to size.

Brilliant - thank you both :)

Sorry one last thing - how much cermaic media should I get? Not sure if I need 100g or 1000g lol.

As the seller what the volume of 100 grams is and then measure up and work out the volume of the chamber.

really sorry to be completely off topic and please don't shout at me! :X

but OP: where did you get the name PudPud?! It's what i call my boyfriend, never ever seen/heard anyone use the name before!

again, sorry i'm off topic!

maybe it is your boyfriend? ;)

*checked* nope still a girl :D

It's a name my aunt used years ago to refer to something rude and I thought it was hilarious when she said it so as a joke I started using it as a nickname and it's stuck. :blink:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back