Juwel Lighting

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cottonj21

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Juwel Vision 180 which I bought second hand over a year ago, not sure how long the guy before me had it. I am still using the original bulbs that came with it and I read that you should change them every so often even if there not broke. When I looked in the lfs there are many different types of bulbs so which ones do i pick. At the moment mine has 2 different colours a blue and a yellow with reflectors on both, my tank has alot of plants and has 2 nutrafin co2 units in, so I need the best light setup for my plants.

Can anyone advise

thanks

Hi,
I have a Juwel Vision 180 which I bought second hand over a year ago, not sure how long the guy before me had it. I am still using the original bulbs that came with it and I read that you should change them every so often even if there not broke. When I looked in the lfs there are many different types of bulbs so which ones do i pick. At the moment mine has 2 different colours a blue and a yellow with reflectors on both, my tank has alot of plants and has 2 nutrafin co2 units in, so I need the best light setup for my plants.

Can anyone advise

thanks
Not entirely sure, but this pinned thread on lighting will help you a lot. You will probably also realise that you currently only have 1 Watt per gallon - when ideally you should have between 2 and 3 for a planted tank.
Jimboo has a good thread on how he upgrade his Rio 180 - though with the Vision it's not "quite" the same with curved front as you can't have the same lenght tube in the front section.
I'm still pretty new on the whole planted thing myself, so you might want to ask the guys over in the planted section for some more advice :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back