Just got a Veiltail Betta!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You should turn the light off at night.

The reason you should get him floating plants is because this is the way Bettas prefer to sleep, There is a big Indian almond leaf sitting on those plants.

243p6ip.jpg

I had to sneak up on the fish one night and use a flash to take that photo.

Oh yes the light goes off at night when I go to sleep. I have also read a some about these Indian almond leaves. Not to worry. When Phil's new tank is set up he will have the best stuff any little Betta will ever need. :)

He's such a character! Today I dropped a small light weight plastic ball about the size of a pea in his bowl for him to play with. He beat that thing around for a bit. Between that and being mad at the thermometer he had a busy day. ;)

This guy loves the pingpong ball
Video is of my fish.

If you want to make your fish happy with live plants in a tank thats easy to maintain Im your go to man for that.

My motto is why just plant it when you can over plant it.

One of my tanks, Its dark heavily planted with virtually no current has indian almond leaf in it, just the way Bettas like it, and I only change 75% of the water once a week, oh and sometimes clean the front glass.
PR6GaN0.jpg

Oh and PS
Yes there is a fish in there.

Last edited:
This guy loves the pingpong ball
Video is of my fish.

If you want to make your fish happy with live plants in a tank thats easy to maintain Im your go to man for that.

My motto is why just plant it when you can over plant it.

One of my tanks, Its dark heavily planted with virtually no current has indian almond leaf in it, just the way Bettas like it, and I only change 75% of the water once a week, oh and sometimes clean the front glass.
PR6GaN0.jpg

Oh and PS
Yes there is a fish in there.

That is a beautiful fish! He looks healthy and happy. What are good plants for a 10 gallon size tank? Yours looks awesome!

Anubias Crypts and Water sprite are perfect

Thanks I just looked up water sprite today and it looks perfect. Same with the Anubis's Crypt plants.

The plants I suggested are what I use in my tanks, they require virtually nothing I change 75% of the water in my tanks once a week and sometimes add a 1/2 a milliliter of Seachem Flourish comprehensive when I remember.

To make your Betta happy the top of your tank should look something like this ( Duckweed is optional)
CFueSFO.jpg

Check this out
They are females

The plants I suggested are what I use in my tanks, they require virtually nothing I change 75% of the water in my tanks once a week and sometimes add a 1/2 a milliliter of Seachem Flourish comprehensive when I remember.

To make your Betta happy the top of your tank should look something like this ( Duckweed is optional)
CFueSFO.jpg

Check this out
They are females

Oh that looks really nice! I loved the video too! The floating water sprite looks like what I will be getting for sure! Thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back