just got a poka-dot pictus catfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

G_Sharky

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I just bought this catfish yesterday and did some research on it. On one site it says that they are easily infected by ICH just like the clown loach. Is this true? cause I just got a little outbreak on my small tank my Dwarf Gourami has a bunch of grains on it and it might catch up to the pictus. On that particular site also it says i could use non iodize salt to counter against ICH but I thought your not supposed to used salt on any catfish. Any suggestion guys on what should I do :/ I really don't wanna used any med as i loss a bunch of fish on the past using it, so I wanna try to used the salt method..

One idea would be to quarantine the cat and use meds with it ... if you didn't lose any cats from meds the last time. The other thing would be look for a med with different ingredients. Also it could have been the Ich that killed the fish.
... Just some alternatives.

Dont use salt with pictus catfish they dont tolerate it well, also any meds need to be used at half dosage to prevent chemical burn.

Use a purpose made ICH medication at half dosage until all signs of the ICH have gone and then for one more week after that, turning the temperature up to 28-30 degrees celcius will help too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back