Its Snowing!

ive been out in my RWD triumph spitfire.

you all remember how mint it was skidding your pushbike ? imagine that, in a '60's convertible, and times it by a trillion.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I HAVE ONE OF THOSE!!!! Spitfire that is not a pushbike!!

Small world eh. Gd to see another supporter of good old british layland!!!

Year? color?

Mines is a '81 1500 on a W plate in Inca yellow with a few rusty spots :blink:

Sorry for hijacking! No snow in west of scotland, not even raining!! makes a change! Brass monkeys tho.

ive been out in my RWD triumph spitfire.

you all remember how mint it was skidding your pushbike ? imagine that, in a '60's convertible, and times it by a trillion.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Awesome! I used to pray for snow every day of the winter when I had my MX5, sideways is the best way!

[/quote]

Awesome! I used to pray for snow every day of the winter when I had my MX5, sideways is the best way!
[/quote]

In theroy when i had my bmw 323 took it a "spin" in a car park only to hit the kirb :blush: and bend my wish bone.

Not always a gd idea lmao snow gets very slidey!

I like it in the summer when it rains makes the roads nice and greasy ideal for sliding round corners/ roundabouts

(Not that i would ever do anything of that "its just what I've heard")

6inches of snow here in Kent with big drifts, we're on a hill top too so wind does pick up lol. Only been coming down for 4 hours too and it's not gonna stop till 7 or 8am.

That sounds scary moochy, spitfires weren't know for their good road handling even in the best conditions

Haha after 4 years of driving it its almost totally predictable and controllable now, i practice all year round ! Trev, mine is a '67 mk3, i think before the cockup that BL was !!!! Picfures of it in the various driving threads parts of the forum somewhere.

we had like an hours worth in south wales..as soon as i got the kids and dogs ready to go and play down the local park, it turned to rain.. got soaked, one of the dogs ran off for an hour.. wasnt happy at all.. sod off snow youve had youre chance with me :p

We had nothing until last night. Now we have about a foot. I love snow but there was a point last night when it suddenly lost its appeal. We tried pushing our friend's car out of the drive, I lost my footing, slipped, hit my jaw on the boot of his car and bit my tongue. Hard. It bled. The snow can go away now...

But, hey, at least my face broke my fall! That could've been really painful otherwise!

It's funny how a bit of snow totally stops everything somewhere. :D We have loads of snow for 5 months a year...

But I know, it's difficult to do anything if the city doesn't own snow ploughs, people don't have winter tires on their cars etc...

But, hey, at least my face broke my fall! That could've been really painful otherwise!

Well it made me chuckle, lol sorry but I had a little movie playing in my head as I read that lol.

We had our first snow in Newport yesterday. Was interesting walking home from work !

Not one snowflake here in Liverpool thank god, the novelty wears off when your a posty and you have to trudge around in it all day.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back