The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

starrynightxxi

Fish Herder
Reaction score
DSC_3078.jpg

DSC_3092.jpg

everyone else posts pictures of their pets and I finally actually have pictures of pets that aren't either fish or horses (that aren't mine). So here's Isis. She's a bit on the neurotic side, but i guess that happens. we got her from the humane society about 6 years ago now and she was already 6 months old, and they'd only had her for two weeks or so, so we think she may have been abused, more specifically by a man as she doesn't like strangers, but really dislikes strange men.

Not sure on her breed, but we think basenji/lab as she definately has a lab coat but has some very basenji-ish habits and traits.

She's beautiful! I'm glad she's gone to a good home where she will be well cared for :D

She's incredibly beautiful! :wub: I have an Isis too, sounds almost like your story. We got her from the Humane Society 2 years ago when she was 4 months old, she had been abused and is still terrified of men and is also completely nuerotic. She's my baby though and I wouldn't have her any other way!
(no intention of hi-jacking, just wanted to show you my Isis :wub:)

Attachments

• IMG_1958.jpg
    IMG_1958.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 54
beautiful

i know a few dogs who are terrified of men

my work colleagues dog got abused by some burglar's who broke into they're house a year or so ago, poor thing goes mental if men come in the house, he really doesn't like it :-(

is yours also afraid of crickets, the dark, and snow plows? she was never afraid of snowplows until one day she saw one go by the house (the noise had never bothered her before) now it's like death when they go by, and she hates to go outside when it gets dark out, especially in summer when there are crickets. :huh:

oh, and sneezing. if my mom sneezes the dog runs away and shakes :lol:

that's a shame, miss wiggle. I heard a story that spposedly happened near my home (when i'm not at school) about two people breaking into a house and taping up the residents' boxer puppy's mouth so that it wouldn't bark, and i guess they did it too tight because it suffocated :-( very sad. I would imagine it wouldn't take a whole lot to suffocate the bully type breeds though, they're breathing is already not that great.

that's a shame, miss wiggle. I heard a story that spposedly happened near my home (when i'm not at school) about two people breaking into a house and taping up the residents' boxer puppy's mouth so that it wouldn't bark, and i guess they did it too tight because it suffocated :-( very sad. I would imagine it wouldn't take a whole lot to suffocate the bully type breeds though, they're breathing is already not that great.

god that's awful :-(

i can't remember what they did to her dog now, was a good few years back, the poor thing's quite badly affected though, he's the most gorgeous friendly loveable dog to me, but when I took Ian round there he just wouldn't stop barking, was very distressed, was stood infront of his mummy 'guarding' her. apparently all blokes get this treatment until they've been round loads of times and he knows them.

Those dogs are so beautiful, but such sad stories. I love the colours of yours starrynight, quite unusual.

How can anyone be so awful to such lovely animals :( I hate hearing sad stories, that one about the boxer is just awful.

Glad they have loving homes and owners now. Well done for rescuing your doggies :good:

She's not afraid of crickets or snowplows but thunder is another story, she also gets real shaky and quivery when people are loud around her. Is your Isis scared when you leave her? Mine is, I always think that she must think I'm never coming back, she also has to be kenneled when alone at home or she eats all my stuff. And I do mean ALL my stuff... blankets, pillows, clothing, my glasses, etc. We are actually her third owners, the first guy that brought her in is the one they suspect abused her, the second couple only had her for a week or two but she was so withdrawn and neurotic they had to bring her back. We were only considering a dog and had went to look, I walked around the corner and there she was, all big sad brown eyes and fluff. My heart melted and she came home with us the next day. She has helped me through some rough times, I like to believe that God wanted us to have each other, now I can't imagine my life without her :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back