phishyphil

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Here It Is
DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

Think Its due to the Mrs water changing with the lights on. Also may need to increase flow. Currently Running TetraTec 1200 on a 330 litre tank.

Would the introduction of Pressurised CO2 cure this up?

Pardon my ignorance but why would water changing with lights on cause this?

Pardon my ignorance but why would water changing with lights on cause this?

The plants get to use a source of CO2 that they wouldn't normally have access to - resulting in what the plants will see as a fluctuating source of co2 = BBA
(if you do a water change in the dark it will probably gas off before they see it - or at least be at a level they are used to in general)

That's about the size of it IMO

I have got rid of it from wood and so on by poring boiling water over it. It turned green and went in a week. As for the plants the only thing I have found works is to cut the affected parts off. Finding the source is what stops it coming back, variable levels of CO2 and ferts can be the problem.

The varying ferts wont affect it, you need to keep the CO2 levels stable, good idea is to fill up something with the water your adding to the tank a couple of days before it goes in to gas off or do it after lights out. Spot dosing liquid carbon works, like excel or AE carbon.

The varying ferts wont affect it, you need to keep the CO2 levels stable, good idea is to fill up something with the water your adding to the tank a couple of days before it goes in to gas off or do it after lights out. Spot dosing liquid carbon works, like excel or AE carbon.

Thanks Mate. Will wait till lights out, complete a big water change and get the CO2 Set up pressurized to stabilize the co2 levels

It'll take forever to go unless your treat it with some of the above mate.

It'll take forever to go unless your treat it with some of the above mate.

So is my only option to spot induce the Liquid Co2?

There's so much of it, Really tempted to just restart the qhole aquascape again again :(

Nooooooooooooooooooooo, get about 20ml, dilute it with 200ml water, drop your water level to expose all BBA with lights off and room light on. Then spray the affected areas, they don't need much, just one squirt and refill the tank. After a day you will notice the algae turning red, after a week it will be gone. Just remember tho liquid carbon kills Vallis, also can cause some plants to melt but they will come back don't worry. I thought I Killed my entire dwarf sag carpet once but one day it just all threw new shoots and grew back lush and green.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo, get about 20ml, dilute it with 200ml water, drop your water level to expose all BBA with lights off and room light on. Then spray the affected areas, they don't need much, just one squirt and refill the tank. After a day you will notice the algae turning red, after a week it will be gone. Just remember tho liquid carbon kills Vallis, also can cause some plants to melt but they will come back don't worry. I thought I Killed my entire dwarf sag carpet once but one day it just all threw new shoots and grew back lush and green.

Only thing with with this is though that my entire carpet of Dwarg sag is covered too, so I would need to drain the tank right down, thus the need to remove all the fish :/

Well you could wait to see if pressurised helps, well, it will but will take forever to go. Up to you mate.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back