What's new

Is My Kissing Gourami Ok?

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Yasmin

Reaction score
Have one kissing gourami pretty sure it’s a female had her since we got the tank about 2 months ago. Never had any problems always seems happy and swimming around and when the light turns back on in the morning she’s still sleeping sometimes but soon comes back to life and swims around everywhere.

However this morning once the light was on she was asleep woke up, they were fed as usual and she keeps laying at the bottom on the gravel. She never does this! Mostly at the back of the tank, not sleeping because she slightly moves, if I walk past the tank she swims away does a slow lap of the tank and just goes back to being on the gravel in the corner. Also noticed her tail fin split a few days ago but has nearly healed up already. Is this normal?

As I said never noticed this before, always normally swimming around! Have a 120L tank and water is ok.

Can you post a picture and short video of the fish swimming?
Set your camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take a few pictures. Check them on your pc and post a clear image of the fish. Make sure you turn your camera's resolution back up after otherwise all your images will be small.

You can upload the video to YouTube and copy & paste the link here. We can view it at YouTube.

-------------------------
You can't sex kissing gouramis and it's possible you have 2 males that are maturing and fighting.

In the mean time, Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate each day for a week. It will help dilute anything in the water that might be causing problems.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Back